Bloopers & Gaffes !!

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by DiVicenzo »

There are two that come to mind from the Emma Peel b&w era...

'The Town of No Return' Emma is fingering the the parish recotds. She is wearing gloves but not in close-up.

'The House That Jack Built' - Emma is talking to herself about the moving room. She puts what she says is her finger in the 'plunger' and indeed it is from a distance but in close-up it's her thumb...

also, people who had been killed/ knocked out seem to be in a slightly different position when shown again - the Lily Savage skits got this to perfection even having Steed (Simon Williams) having many bowlers in at 'The Hell Fire Club' :D
waldotyson
Thingumajig

Post by waldotyson »

Philippa wrote:
I can't remember the episode now, but when Emma's fighting with a man in the water her head goes under water and her hair's clearly wet, and the next moment her hair's dry again!
That was The Bird Who Knew Too Much, I'm pretty sure. I'll put it in the queue for re-viewing this week and confirm it.
"Welcome my lord. Allow me."
Markovka
Nutshell

Post by Markovka »

waldotyson wrote:
Philippa wrote:
I can't remember the episode now, but when Emma's fighting with a man in the water her head goes under water and her hair's clearly wet, and the next moment her hair's dry again!
That was The Bird Who Knew Too Much, I'm pretty sure. I'll put it in the queue for re-viewing this week and confirm it.
No, that was You Have Just Been Murdered. I looked yesterday ;)
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Markovka wrote:
waldotyson wrote:
Philippa wrote:

Was it that one ? I'll check it out, on dvd...sounds right..(?)
Charlie Parker
Little Wonder

Post by Charlie Parker »

The Gaslight Ghoul wrote:Which was the Blackman episode where one character throws a set of keys to another person on the other side of the set for him to catch, but he drops them very loudly then starts to laugh. Hilarious.
I do believe that is Death A La Carte.

Not sure if its a goof but in the tag scene to Brief for Murder for some bizarre reason at the end of the scene MacNee does a double take at honor, points at her wig and laughs (was she supposed to of taken it off for that scene, or was he having another giggiling fit as in "The Undertakers"?)

But my favourite has to be in Death of a Batman when Mrs. Gale enters the old guys bedroom and the door simply refuses to close.
malte1982
Nutshell

Post by malte1982 »

The Gravediggers:

In the Showdown on the Train are some scenes in which you can see Macnees Stuntdouble, fighting against the gangsters
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

malte1982 wrote:The Gravediggers:

In the Showdown on the Train are some scenes in which you can see Macnees Stuntdouble, fighting against the gangsters
Spotting stunt doubles is an occupation hazard in The Avengers! :wink:
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Are there any stunt scenes where the double isn't obvious?

I love all those moments when Steed is walking away from camera and he's suddenly incredibly tall and has a really broad back. :)
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

Or in some episodes you can see Steed driving his Bentley from a distance, but the man behind the wheel has much darker hair and a whole different posture :lol:
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

OK. If we are talking about doubles it gets me when you see some woman in a terrible wig and not remotely shaped liked Diana Rigg walking away from the camera - there's a instance in many-an episode but 'Escape in Time' comes to mind and when she's running towards the swimming pool in 'The Bird Who Knew Too Much' when her hair is stuck to her face which happens again when she's being chased by the motorcyclist in hunting gear...