Happy Birthday Dame Diana!

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
child of nature
Nutshell

Post by child of nature »

DiVicenzo wrote:
child of nature wrote:
DiVicenzo wrote: You are welcome! And I totally agree with you!
Do you know I was looking at a comment on a James Bond discussion group the other day and the originator said that Diana wasn't beautiful like other Bond women! He thought the others were better looking. I know there are individual opinions and that beauty is in th eye of th beholder...but....
Thanks!

Well, I think that this person misses the true beauty of Miss Rigg and perhaps he likes the more "bombshell" types, which can be boring if you ask me! Sure, they're attractive, but that's it. None are as beautiful as Diana.

Diana's beauty has remarkable depth (as Cartney said)--from the way she smiles, the look in her eyes, her voice, her intelligence. She's captivating and intriguing. It's the whole package, really. It's impossible to take one's eyes off her when she's on the screen. Honestly, I don't believe any other actress has her charm, in my humble opinion. :)
Indeed she is mesmerising on-screen and especially on stage. I have to see a production at least 3 times to actually take note of all the other actors and to get the story. Or that an excuse. My record is 7 times seeing her in 'All About Mt Mother' but the Old Vic is only a 20 mins bus ride away - thanks goodness :D

I am completely envious of you! You are quite fortunate to have seen her in person that many times, as I'm sure you know!
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

kim wrote:
Do you know I was looking at a comment on a James Bond discussion group the other day and the originator said that Diana wasn't beautiful like other Bond women! He thought the others were better looking. I know there are individual opinions and that beauty is in th eye of th beholder...but....
*choking*...WHAT?!!!! I'm not a James Bond fan by any means, and I'm not *ducking* a huge Diana Rigg fan, but the other women were better looking? :shock:
Well... Joanna Lumley is in the same film (and Honor Blackman is in the title sequence...) :D

Seriously, a beautiful woman (and I don't refer merely to looks) is 'beautiful', an absolute - there's no point in comparing to others (it's in the "eye" of the beholder anyway, i.e. subjective). There are no scales of beauty. But obviously Linda is the most beautiful Avengers girl :):p
Last watched: "The Charmers"
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

DiVicenzo wrote:I recieved this exact photo along with lots of other stuff from NASA in the 60's. I wrote to them and it took a long time to get a reply - because they sent it to:

Ms Bamy Clake
37 Clongh Lane
Rasvnik
Bnonghonse
Yorkshire
etc

This was the real name and address:

Mr Barry Clarke
37 Clough Lane
Rastrick
Brighouse
Yorkshire
It's amazing they ever found their way to the Moon, isn't it?
Last watched: "The Charmers"
gaucho vengador
Thingumajig

Post by gaucho vengador »

July 20, Diana's Birthday. In Argentina we celebrate the Friends Day. Happy Birthday to Dame Diana a lovely friend of all avengefans!
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

gaucho vengador wrote:July 20, Diana's Birthday. In Argentina we celebrate the Friends Day. Happy Birthday to Dame Diana a lovely friend of all avengefans!
happy 71st indeed..

was there any coverage of her Birthday, in the British media ?
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

DiVicenzo wrote:You are welcome! And I totally agree with you!
He must have been a breast man. I was surprised Ms. Rigg allowed cleavage in OHMSS as she's not been blessed in that department. No matter most of my fantasy lusts have small breasts - Lyndsay Wagner, Joanna Lumley, Diana Rigg ...
mousemeat wrote: was there any coverage of her Birthday, in the British media ?
Just a list of birthdays in one of the papers and on the teletext service.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY