Questions for Roger Marshall

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Rodders
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Rodders »

It had nothing to do with her acting ability. It was for disciplinary reasons.
The Avengers: a product of the sixties and a timeless piece of sublime art
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

So did your dad ever watch TNA or the Tara era episodes yet? He may be surprised, but let him know inquiring minds want to know his thoughts. :lol:
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Rodders wrote:
Frankymole wrote:Yes, it's an episode that gets worse every time I watch it (something I haven't chosen to do for many years now). A shame, as the cast is "to die for" as the youngsters say: Jeremy Young, Peter Wyngarde, Colin Jeavons, Carol Cleveland, Michael Latimer. They're pretty mean to Colin Jeavons, another reason I dislike it, though he makes a great victim I prefer him as a stronger character / villain. Steed in 18th century garb (any excuse). Stab me vitals!

Ah well. Never mind the quality, feel the width. The direction is interesting even if the story and characters aren't. There is bound to be the odd misfire in such a great season - the reason why Muslim works of art always have a deliberate flaw hidden somewhere in them is that only God can be perfect... The Avengers mustn't always be perfect - heaven forfend! Just 99% of the time ;)
I agree that this episode disappoints, just as Wyngarde's Season 5 offering gets better the more you watch it. Clemens is more hit and miss than the other main writers. When he gets it right he hits gold, when he doesn't....

always felt that way with BC...it was at time, a complex show..
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

My father will be watching Take-Over on Saturday, his first taste of Tara King era. It will be interesting to see what he thinks.
anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

Rodders wrote:My father will be watching Take-Over on Saturday, his first taste of Tara King era. It will be interesting to see what he thinks.
Good choice. please let us know.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

anti-clockwise wrote:
Rodders wrote:My father will be watching Take-Over on Saturday, his first taste of Tara King era. It will be interesting to see what he thinks.
Good choice. please let us know.
same thought here....
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Is definitely a much harder edge than most of the film seasons' episodes, at least the colour ones. And not much fantasy in it besides the surgically-inserted mini-bombs. It'll be interesting to see whether Roger Marshall finds that hard edge a plus point or a minus! Also how the acting, directing etc compares with other shows, even present-day ones.
Last watched: "Concerto"
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

Afraid to say that my father hated Take-Over which he felt lacked the charm and wit of the monochrome days. He also thought Patrick Macnee looked overweight. On the other hand, he loved The Town of No Return which he hadn't seen since the 1960s!
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Sorry to hear your Dad didn't enjoy Take over Rodney. I'm not too surprised if I'm honest. :shock: It took me about 3 viewings to really appreciate it myself. How about showing him Stay tuned or Who was that man I saw you with, much more instant Tara episodes. I'd love to know what he thinks of those two classics. Rich.
anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

Oh that is too bad Rodney. I have a feeling your dad may be kind of set in his thinking about the later episodes he was not involved with. Although I hope I am wrong. Did you get to show him any TNA? I'd be really curious what he would think of that. or Tara episodes as Rich said.