Bloopers & Gaffes !!

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:
Frankymole wrote:I also forgot the episode they wrote is "time travel" in a way - it is set a month in the future! http://theavengers.tv/forever/gale1-7vr.htm
Another time travel episode, set in the future... in The White Elephant, Steed is observing a freshly-picked daffodil (a spring flower) "growing", as he mentions in dialogue. It was made in November 1963 and shown on 4 January 1964, so presumably the prop is a plastic daffodil. But in the context of the story it must be at least a few weeks, probably a month or two in the "future" from when it was shown - bringing the audiences at home a welcome hint of spring in the doldrums of mid-winter.

Time travel, indeed....all in all, how many episodes dealt with time travel ?
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

mousemeat wrote: Time travel, indeed....all in all, how many episodes dealt with time travel ?
The obvious one is "Escape in Time" which I'm very fond of. The New Avengers one with the frozen soldiers sort of counts, I guess (if you squint).
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Oh yes and the TARDIS gets blown up in "Target!" :D
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:
mousemeat wrote: Time travel, indeed....all in all, how many episodes dealt with time travel ?
The obvious one is "Escape in Time" which I'm very fond of. The New Avengers one with the frozen soldiers sort of counts, I guess (if you squint).
of course....and at my age, I seem to do it more and more....I knew I should have listened to me mum....'eat your veggies'....lol..squinting, indeed !
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

Despite appearances 'The War Marshall' only has brass Key lock Barrels on one side, the other side is a plain black panel. The prop is obviously turned around in some shots to give the illusion that both sides have detailing, in other shots they either didn't bother or simply forgot.
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

Just watched Room Without A View, The old fella ages and changes sex within 20 seconds in the opening scene. I don't know who the young female hand belongs too that grabs the curtains but it certain isn't attached the wrist of the old chap :lol: