Diana Rigg

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Frankymole wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:It's also fun because Diana was obviously doing these at the same time as TNA, which means that Patrick would have been staying with her at the time. I love the idea of them coming home from their respective sets and having a nice chat about their days. Also makes me wonder if actors who ended up on both sets (Dinsdale Landen, Coldstream from Angels of Death
I always think of him from All Done With Mirrors - wasn't he Mother's nephew or something? Got paired up with Tara for the case, not that he did much, she did all the hard work!

Excellent review of the Diana Rigg at the BBC set. I've got the Mrs Bradley episodes as a series set, they're all worth watching, and it had a nice twist in the last one.
I've just checked, and you're right--he was Mother's (pretty useless) nephew. I actually failed to recognise him as Coldstream in the sketch as well, but I knew I recognised the name, so I went googling. Actually, the whole set thus far has been throwing faces and names at me that I know I should recognise, but can't remember where from. I'm sure I've missed more than I've caught. If Diana hadn't listed Jennifer Croxton in the credits at the end, I wouldn't have spotted her, either. I'm still not entirely sure I've identified her as the right person, but I don't know who else she could be.

Thanks for the kind words on my summary. :) Hopefully I'll be able to post about some of the other things on the set before it's due. At the very least, I'd like to take a look at Unexplained Laughter--the clips I've seen make it look like fun.

And yeah, there's a real twist that cleverly makes use of continuity. Probably one of the best episodes of the run. 8)
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Cariheart wrote:
mousemeat wrote:
cyberrich wrote:Yes, the situation with Lazenby was worse than I thought. In a recent interview on Sky arts, Diana called George a 'shitbag'. :shock:
I'm 99% sure I saw Diana in the trailer for forthcoming Dr Who episodes. She was in Victorian apparel. Something to look forward to! Rich.

I agree, Mousemeat. There's no reason to rehash whatever animosity lies between them. Although, I thought this was all swept under the rug eons ago. Personally, I feel more compassionate since the death of his son.
I seem to have hit a raw nerve here. I was not attempting to rehash any animosity. I was actually posting that I had seen Diana in the Dr Who trailer when I saw the discussion about George Lazenby. I had only seen the Sky Arts Diana interview via a repeat a day or so before I posted that, so it was all surprising news to me.
I hope people can bear with me, as I do not have time to visit this site as often as I'd like. Anyway, regarding my main point, it was definitely Diana in the Dr Who trailer, which is great news. Should be on shortly. I'll post the date when I know, but you'll all probably find out before me.Rich. :lol:
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Finished Three Piece Suite last night. It got better as it went along, and the last two episodes were the best, with more good guest stars--John Cleese and Freddie Jones this time around, as well as Joan Benham from Upstairs, Downstairs. It really is a treat because it lets you see Diana play all sorts of characters in a short space of time, all of them quite different from Emma. That said, she had a sort of flippy hairstyle in the Freddie Jones skit that made me think a Who's Who? sequel might be in the offing. :wink:

Cariheart
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Cariheart »

cyberrich wrote:
Cariheart wrote:
mousemeat wrote:

I agree, Mousemeat. There's no reason to rehash whatever animosity lies between them. Although, I thought this was all swept under the rug eons ago. Personally, I feel more compassionate since the death of his son.
I seem to have hit a raw nerve here. I was not attempting to rehash any animosity. I was actually posting that I had seen Diana in the Dr Who trailer when I saw the discussion about George Lazenby. I had only seen the Sky Arts Diana interview via a repeat a day or so before I posted that, so it was all surprising news to me.
I hope people can bear with me, as I do not have time to visit this site as often as I'd like. Anyway, regarding my main point, it was definitely Diana in the Dr Who trailer, which is great news. Should be on shortly. I'll post the date when I know, but you'll all probably find out before me.Rich. :lol:
I meant Diana, not you :D All's well, Rich :D
" I appreciate your ... appreciation."- Mrs. Emma Peel - Escape in Time
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Finished Three Piece Suite last night. It got better as it went along, and the last two episodes were the best, with more good guest stars--John Cleese and Freddie Jones this time around, as well as Joan Benham from Upstairs, Downstairs. It really is a treat because it lets you see Diana play all sorts of characters in a short space of time, all of them quite different from Emma. That said, she had a sort of flippy hairstyle in the Freddie Jones skit that made me think a Who's Who? sequel might be in the offing. :wink:
she always did have such range as an actress..
Whiskers
Winged Avenger

Post by Whiskers »

A-list avengers: Dishing the dirt on their monstrous co-stars.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... stars.html
Last watched : Intercrime
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

"The week the show came out I was meeting my boyfriend at the Motor Show at Earls Court, so I pitched up and a huge crowd gathered around me. I fled to the lavatory and locked myself in as I simply couldn’t cope"

Interesting to read something new, even though I feel sad she struggled with the sudden adulation and celebrity. Thanks, Whiskers. 8)

I do wish Diana Rigg would think of writing an autobiography now she seems to be reaching out to her audience more.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:"The week the show came out I was meeting my boyfriend at the Motor Show at Earls Court, so I pitched up and a huge crowd gathered around me. I fled to the lavatory and locked myself in as I simply couldn’t cope"

Interesting to read something new, even though I feel sad she struggled with the sudden adulation and celebrity. Thanks, Whiskers. 8)

I do wish Diana Rigg would think of writing an autobiography now she seems to be reaching out to her audience more.
I remember reading about her locking herself in the lavatory years ago, but she didn't mention the context. I can see why she'd struggle with it. Both Gareth and Joanna also talked about finding it disconcerting to be recognised, even when they'd go out looking scruffy in the hope no one would notice them. And Patrick had a great little anecdote about being stared at while eating with his family, with the whole restaurant watching him dribble pasta sauce down his shirt. :lol: So most of them found the attention overwhelming, it seems. Not that I blame them--I'd find it terrifying. :shock:

Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

New Zealand TV Weekly June 6th 1966
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:"The week the show came out I was meeting my boyfriend at the Motor Show at Earls Court, so I pitched up and a huge crowd gathered around me. I fled to the lavatory and locked myself in as I simply couldn’t cope"

I remember reading about her locking herself in the lavatory years ago, but she didn't mention the context. I can see why she'd struggle with it. Both Gareth and Joanna also talked about finding it disconcerting to be recognised, even when they'd go out looking scruffy in the hope no one would notice them. And Patrick had a great little anecdote about being stared at while eating with his family, with the whole restaurant watching him dribble pasta sauce down his shirt. :lol: So most of them found the attention overwhelming, it seems. Not that I blame them--I'd find it terrifying. :shock:
one of the pitfalls of being 'famous'...at times, it can be maddening..but for the most part, people will leave 'them' alone...