The Avengers Season 3 DVD available to pre-order

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Rodney wrote:My father found doing the commentaries recently very hard as it is difficult to remember every detail 46 years on. The same must apply for everyone else involved. It's hard to find stories which haven't been told before apart from ones which are still too 'hot' to reveal!
I have been so tempted to ask you for a 'preview', but I learned at a very young age the gift of surprise.

Kim and co. will have to be very strict with the *SPOILERS* when the DVDs are released. :wink:
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Rodney wrote:My father found doing the commentaries recently very hard as it is difficult to remember every detail 46 years on. The same must apply for everyone else involved. It's hard to find stories which haven't been told before apart from ones which are still too 'hot' to reveal!
I have been so tempted to ask you for a 'preview', but I learned at a very young age the gift of surprise.

Kim and co. will have to be very strict with the *SPOILERS* when the DVDs are released. :wink:
I agree that everyone should be careful about revealing too much when the dvds come out, however, that's going to be difficult to moderate and I don't want to be too strict because I know that those people who get them right off are going to want to discuss them openly. The moderators will discuss this issue and let everyone know when the time comes.
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Personally, I think that once the DVDs are in the public domain, they are fair game to be discussed in detail here.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Alan wrote:Personally, I think that once the DVDs are in the public domain, they are fair game to be discussed in detail here.
I hope so and I look forward to discussing them myself. Consideration for those who are still waiting for their discs with *SPOILERS* clearly labelled should be observed, as I know you'd agree. :)
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

Yeah, I'm pretty much inclined to think that when the dvds come out, we'll post a thread with warnings that spoilers will undoubtedly be found in the contents. Moderating and editing for spoilers would be almost impossible to do objectively (Is it a spoiler or isn't it?) as well as extremly time consuming. Members who don't wish to know too much before they get the dvds will have to resist temptation to click on the thread. :lol:
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Alan wrote:Personally, I think that once the DVDs are in the public domain, they are fair game to be discussed in detail here.
I hope so and I look forward to discussing them myself. Consideration for those who are still waiting for their discs with *SPOILERS* clearly labelled should be observed, as I know you'd agree. :)
I think *SPOLIERS* tags for a DVD release would be pretty silly, really. Discussion of the contents will spill out way beyond the DVD threads and really the best way to deal with this is to watch the DVDs!
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

That's fine. I must be alone in not wanting to read any spoilers before I've forked out £s to listen to commentaries and interviews. Spoiler alerts are usual a staple and a courtesy of most forums I've experienced.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Aside from marking a topic in the header of the first post as containing spoilers, this forum software does not have a facility to have members hide spoilers within posts.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

Where would you draw the line anyway? Spoiler warning for discussions of individual episodes in case anyone new to the show hasn't seen that specific one yet? No, once they are for sale it's a free for all. I just hope my dad gets some freebies because I can't afford the price for each one!
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:That's fine. I must be alone in not wanting to read any spoilers before I've forked out £s to listen to commentaries and interviews. Spoiler alerts are usual a staple and a courtesy of most forums I've experienced.
Please understand that if there was a way we could hide spoilers, we would. We simply can't and none of us has the time to police each and every item and then meet up and decide what is a spoiler and what isn't. The best we can do is make sure that there is a spoiler warning in the thread's header. We, of course, will continue to monitor for TOS violations, but that is the best we can do at this time.