Trivia Quiz

The place to post and discuss photos from the series and play Avengers games.
Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Philippa »

yes, in 'The Satanic Rites of Dracula'
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Philippa wrote:ahaha very tricky, but very good!
Do you perhaps have a link to an article where they say something about that?
I'm afraid I don't! I've got some many tidbits floating around in my brain that I can't keep track of them all, but I know I've read about Maurice reading through the lines with Honor on more than one occasion, so I'm pretty sure it's accurate.

Let's put some of those tidbits to use and try another one, shall we?

See if you can match each fact up to the corresponding Avengers actor. Just the major players, here. I don't have anything on Julie Stevens.

Who:

a) got married at 16? Linda

b) spent some time "in the nick"? Patrick

c) made a pass at his/her co-star? probably Patrick

d) was institutionalised for depression? No idea! but probably Ian Hendry

e) appeared nude in a pre-Avengers film? Joanna

f) suffers from a crooked spine? Diana has had a bad back since she hurt it in 'Jumpers' but probably Honor from all her stunts on the cement floor.
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

DiVicenzo wrote:

No it's definitely Honor Blackman
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Philippa wrote:
DiVicenzo wrote:

No it's definitely Honor Blackman
Really! I have never heard that!
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

^yeah I read it somewhere. I'll try and find the article..

Edit: here it is
http://www.teletronic.co.uk/honorblackman.htm
Last edited by Philippa on Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

That's impressive. I mean, we learn new things everyday ! :D
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

That's a good find, Phillipa. Thanks.
“At the time of the Mau Mau insurrection in Kenya, Sydney read of a redoubtable lady whose farm had been besieged by native insurgents. With a gun in one hand and a baby in the other, this lady had managed to survive the onslaught while her husband and other children were hacked to death in the sitting room of their bungalow. Greatly impressed by such courage and coolness, Sydney wanted to introduce such a female character into the series.
I watched Carve Her Name With Pride recently. It was made in the late 1950s and was the true story of Special Operations Executive agent Violette Szabo http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violette_Szabo. I thought this may have been an influence of the creation of Cathy Gale too.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Well, lots of people seem to have gotten the answers more or less, so let's make it official.

Who:

a) got married at 16? Linda, to Barry Bergthorson, from whom she took her stage name. They weren't actually together that long but didn't divorce for several years.

b) spent some time "in the nick"? Gareth, of course! For jumping ship in New Zealand when he was in the navy. He spent three months boxed up while they waited to ship him home. I'm surprised no one got that one.

c) made a pass at his/her co-star? Patrick, to Honor, not long after they started working together. She quenched him pretty quick, and he begged her not to tell her husband.

d) was institutionalised for depression? Yes, this one's Honor. I also have an article where she talks about sinking into depression again in the seventies, and was sent to hospital. If anyone wants to read it, let me know and I'll provide you with a link.

e) appeared nude in a pre-Avengers film? Joanna, on more than one occasion. The Breaking of Bumbo was one occasion.

f) suffers from a crooked spine? Diana. I also have an article for this one, where she mentions her back problems, and says they stem from her "crooked spine." Honor had problems as well from her time on the show--she's 2 inches shorter because her spine has compressed. I also know that Joanna chipped and cracked 2 vertebrae doing Purdey stunts and has to sit ramrod straight if she doesn't want to be in pain, and Gareth had back surgery in the eighties (I don't know if it was a result of TNA, but I tend to think so).

So, hope that one was fun. Learning one or two things is always good.[/b]
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

I decided to put this message here because we talked about Honor Blackman.
Well, in fact, when we write HONOR BLACKMAN on Google, if we want to take pictures, we can see one in which she has a black eye, just as if she had been hit !
I'd like to know if she has been hit, attacked by somebody one day, or if it's an advertisement for many things as violence against women or even a stupid picture created by a fool.
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

^personally I think it's an ad for something..