Julie Stevens

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Purrr
Thingumajig

Post by Purrr »

In 1973 Julie Stevens performed a guest role in an episode of the British sitcom "The Dick Emery Show". This BBC program was produced from 1963 to 1981, in total 166 shows aired. Click "Sample Clip" on top of the page to view.

The Dick Emery Show
Last edited by Purrr on Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

That lady is not Julie Stevens.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Yes, really, the lady in a wig do not remind Julie even on a voice timbre. It is a pity that in this fragment of an episode I and could not see it.
Denis
Purrr
Thingumajig

Post by Purrr »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:That lady is not Julie Stevens.
I think you're right. It makes me doubt in any case. Could it be Rose Hill?
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

It is Rose Hill, yes.

I recognised the face, but I had to go to the Britmovie forum where someone gave me her name. I remember her mostly from Allo Allo

In the clip she reminds me a lot of Beryl Reid. :)
Purrr
Thingumajig

Post by Purrr »

I think she was in one of the 'Thriller' episodes as well. Back to 'The Dick Emery Show', Julie Stevens' name is in the end titles but she's nowhere to be seen in the episode. Well, I will remove the page and clip.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Well, if it's any consolation, I enjoyed seeing that Dick Emery clip again.

Julie Stevens is best known as one of the presenters of Play School. That's certainly where I remember her from anyway, so I don't know if any of those episodes are available to you.

Great website by the way, I spend far too much time on there looking at the clips.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
ischtar
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by ischtar »

Following the departure of Ian Hendry after the first year of The Avengers, three new companions were appointed to partner John Steed, who had now taken centre stage, before it was decided who would be the permanent replacement.

Although Honor Blackman's Cathy Gale would eventually take the coveted role, for six episodes Patrick Macnee was partnered with the platinum blonde night-club singer Venus Smith, played by Julie Stevens.
There is a small article on this site about Julie Stevens:

http://www.cult.tv/index.php?view=artic ... &Itemid=72

Best known as a children's television presenter, she hosted The Sunday Break, ABC Weekend Television's religious programme for teenagers, during the early 1960s and ITV's Sunday 'Family Hour' which featured the seven-part Pathfinders in Space and its two sequels, devised by The Avengers and Doctor Who creator Sydney Newman.

Between 1966 and 1979 Julie was a regular on Play School, which catered for the pre-school audience, and its companion show, Play Away from 1975 and 1979. In 1972 she played alongside Johnny Ball and Derek Griffiths in Cabbages and Kings, taking part in the historical comedy sketches the series was based around.

As an actress Julie appeared in episodes of Z Cars, Not For Women Only and The Dick Emery Show. For three years she played Rosemary Pilgrim in the ATV sitcom Girls About Town, and appeared in the cinema as Gloria, the slave girl, in Carry on Cleo.

Having spent many years as Harry Secombe's personal manager she recently returned to acting with an appearance in the hospital drama Holby City.

And this is a site about someone, who asked her for an autograph; with a photo of her.
http://members.tripod.com/autograph_hea ... evens1.htm
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

ischtar wrote: Having spent many years as Harry Secombe's personal manager she recently returned to acting with an appearance in the hospital drama Holby City.
That's interesting. It seems she played the character Pat Fitzjohn in two episodes of Holby City (not that recently!) : Hearts and Flowers, May/29/2001 and The Road Less Travelled, Jun/05/2001.
Ron
Last Watched : The Gladiators
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

What a lovely woman, phoning up to apologise for being late with her autograph. I still have a soft spot for Venus, and Julie's commentary on the first Optimum set just reinforced it. Thanks for this. :D
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14