Emma Peel Series, which is your favourite?

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.

Out of Series 4 and 5, which do you prefer?

Series 4
77%
Series 5
23%

Total votes: 53

Mona
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Mona »

Rodney wrote:In deciding which of these seasons you prefer, Epic is a good one to watch. Do you find it wonderfully clever and subversive, or far too artificial and Batmanesque?
I don't think "Epic" is a good choice for a whole season, considering that Steed is hardly in the episode at all, thus for me, it is a fast forward event until the end. A choice for a season should be a more well-rounded episode choice.
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
Sinus1994

Post by Sinus1994 »

Well, only one episode isn't a good choice for a whole season at all.
There should e a couple of episodes as choice for a season.
I think every episode is something special and there is no episode for identifying a whole season.
Of course "Epic" is one of the best episodes in series 5, but here I must concede a point to Mona.
A well-rounded episode should at least include Steed and Peel half-and-half.

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
Cartman
White Dwarf

Post by Cartman »

it's quite obvious: for me, season 4 is the highest achievement in tv-history. there is only one episode (silent dust) which i would call mediocre. all the others are (far) better than average. most of them are, in fact, perfect.

season 5 is a bit erratic. there are some pretty disappointing episodes (fear merchants, the bird who knew too much, return of the cybernauts...) but also terrific stuff.

the only argument pro season 5 is: emma in colur is better than emma in b&w.

otherwise my decision is clear: season 4 rules!
Sinus1994

Post by Sinus1994 »

Cartman wrote:it's quite obvious: for me, season 4 is the highest achievement in tv-history. there is only one episode (silent dust) which i would call mediocre. all the others are (far) better than average. most of them are, in fact, perfect.

season 5 is a bit erratic. there are some pretty disappointing episodes (fear merchants, the bird who knew too much, return of the cybernauts...) but also terrific stuff.

the only argument pro season 5 is: emma in colur is better than emma in b&w.

otherwise my decision is clear: season 4 rules!
Yes, season 4 is far, far better than season 5. In season 5, the Americans had their fingers in the pie. ;)
Well, season 4 is very, well done, but I think that there are also some small "mistakes" in the filming (take a look at dissolutes website, there are all trivia facts for every episode listed www.dissolute.com.au/avweb/emmabw/index.html), but the scripts are perfect.
I must say, that "Silent Dust" isn't a bad episode, well, it is a bit strange with that bird-killing dust, but the whole plot okay and very well played.

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image