The Avengers Movie on a Desert Island

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

Philippa wrote:^easy easy. I meant HER. Just a typo in my enthusiasm ;)
In your enthusiasm to slate it you mean :lol:
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

ShaggE wrote:there's always Steed and Peel in hamster balls.
Wern't they fantastic :D
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

They were brilliant fun. I love those spheres - all part of the breathtaking design work that makes this film a jawdropper for all the right reasons.

And in defence of Joel McNeely's score, I think it's wonderful. One my most regularly listened to soundtracks.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

They were one of the highlights of the film (like I say in my 'review' on another thread) - the image was accompanied by The Avengers theme which made them a winner.
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

Alan wrote:Joel McNeely's score, I think it's wonderful. One my most regularly listened to soundtracks.
I loathe movie scores as a rule, but I've played this CD countless times, it's brilliant. It's one of the few things that's normally, universally agreed upon to have been a success. And the opening credit sequence is a credit to the designers. Fantastically retro, perfectly paced and spellbinding to watch.
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Avengerholic wrote:
Alan wrote:Joel McNeely's score, I think it's wonderful. One my most regularly listened to soundtracks.
I loathe movie scores as a rule but I've played this CD countless times, it's brilliant. It's one of the few things that's normally, universally agreed upon to have been a success. And the opening credit sequence is a credit to the designers. Fantastically retro, perfectly paced and spellbinding to watch.

I *love* film scores but never listen to this one I'm afraid. Not being awkward just stating my opinion as everyone is allowed.
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

DiVicenzo wrote:
Avengerholic wrote:
I loathe movie scores as a rule but I've played this CD countless times, it's brilliant. It's one of the few things that's normally, universally agreed upon to have been a success. And the opening credit sequence is a credit to the designers. Fantastically retro, perfectly paced and spellbinding to watch.

I *love* film scores but never listen to this one I'm afraid. Not being awkward just stating my opinion as everyone is allowed.
Try it Barry, the score is really very, very good, although even I have to admit the soundtrack it bloody dreadful.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

The 'music inspired by' release to accompany the movie was pretty poor, though I love the Marius De Vries version of the theme.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

I like 'Stormy Weather' buts that's it :wink:
ShaggE
The Ministry

Post by ShaggE »

Alan wrote: And in defence of Joel McNeely's score, I think it's wonderful. One my most regularly listened to soundtracks.
Don't get me wrong, the score itself wasn't bad, I just think it would have worked better in another film. With the entire production having an "overdone" feel to it (although, to be fair, almost every sci-fi action film in the late 90's felt that way), the music seemed like just another instance of that.