Full Cast Audios of the Lost Avengers Episodes

Discussion of Big Finish Avengers releases including The Lost Episodes and Steed and Mrs Peel.
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

The casting of the leads really depends on how they market the series. Are they going for soundalikes in which case Macnee and Hendry appear on the CD covers and publicity. Are they going for actors who sound right regardless of look and the covers have a sort of generic Avengerish look. Or are they casting for a look and sound so they can have their new cast on the cover etc.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Timeless A-Peel wrote: The post on the Big Finish site says you'll be entered for a draw to win a season one and two set if you pre-order:

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/the-avengers-licenced
Note that this seems to be a chance to win the series 1 & 2 DVD sets we probably all already have..
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

So funny. I was thinking the same. Anyone ordering this probably already is an Avengers fan with the DVD's. But I guess they need to come up with some incentive for us to buy now. I don't want more DVD's. Just want them to complete the first year.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

I take that there is no word on casting yet?

As the material is from the first season, I would think that a tongue-in-cheek Steed would be out of the question, though my mate Neil Allsop has for many years suggested that Peter Bowles might make a good Steed. Obviously, his age is against any visual antics as Steed, but from an audio view only, I think he could deliver the dry humour associated with the character. It's also been suggested to me that Simon Williams could also fulfill this role.

However, I suspect someone younger will be chosen to recreate the dirty mac version of John Steed.
paulpdjh
Winged Avenger

Post by paulpdjh »

According to Big Finish's website, recording of the lost episodes for volume one is due to take place from Tuesday to Thursday this week - maybe there will some news on who is playing Steed and Dr Keel within the next couple of days?

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/the ... al_details
Paul
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Yes, I know that costumes were being wrangled Thursday last week for a publicity shoot (and I assume for posing images for the covers), so I would suspect a PR announcement on casting mighty soon.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Crumpled macs, cigarettes, and surly looks I hope :)
Last watched: "Concerto"
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

No bloody macs, no. They asked me what the look should be, and I specifically told them "no macs".

From what I can see, they were only used on a very few occasions, but the image that they were all over Series 1 has been proliferated from the abundance of pre-filming publicity shots. They'd pretty much gone by time the series commenced.

IIRC, the only photos from actual episodes to show them are for Hunt the Man Down.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Alan wrote:No bloody macs, no. They asked me what the look should be, and I specifically told them "no macs".

From what I can see, they were only used on a very few occasions, but the image that they were all over Series 1 has been proliferated from the abundance of pre-filming publicity shots. They'd pretty much gone by time the series commenced.

IIRC, the only photos from actual episodes to show them are for Hunt the Man Down.
You must be so very tired of rain and crumpled macs!
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Maybe the impression that they were all over series 1 comes from the title sequence / caption cards too. :)

The "running silhouette" carried over into Cathy's seasons too - hopefully sans mac.
Last watched: "Concerto"