Rare Photos

The place to post and discuss photos from the series and play Avengers games.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

denisrigg wrote:Right, Jay!
It seems that Julian Wintle with new team had its own taste in these things. When blonde Elizabeth Shepherd did not work out, they decided to reconsider things. I can not imagine today Diana Rigg as blonde Emma Peel. Thus a new image has been key to the international success of the series. Clemens apparently went off the beaten path and made Linda as brunette. Yes, Diana hairstyle little changed for three years, but who knows, maybe it was her whim. We know how Diana relatived to a leather. :wink:

Hmm ... Bravo magazine? This is something there. Yes, they have the same sort of random staging that a lot of their Diana photos did. I was always impressed by your thoughts, Jay. When you said this, I imagined in my mind Patrick touting brand Knirps umbrellas. :)
It is possible that this could be done in Germany, but it is hardly for the magazine Bravo. We would know it! Perhaps the answer is somewhere nearby. :wink:
Maybe Diana did ask them to leave her hair alone. Who knows? They just seemed to be less creative with varying her style than they were with the other women. But I'm glad we didn't end up with all blonde Avengers women--good to mix it up a bit. :wink:

How do you know that the shoot isn't from Bravo? From the looks of things, Diana did multiple shoots for the magazine. And aesthetically it looks very similar. Could it be one no one's looked into yet?
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
denisrigg wrote:Right, Jay!
It seems that Julian Wintle with new team had its own taste in these things. When blonde Elizabeth Shepherd did not work out, they decided to reconsider things. I can not imagine today Diana Rigg as blonde Emma Peel. Thus a new image has been key to the international success of the series. Clemens apparently went off the beaten path and made Linda as brunette. Yes, Diana hairstyle little changed for three years, but who knows, maybe it was her whim. We know how Diana relatived to a leather. :wink:

Hmm ... Bravo magazine? This is something there. Yes, they have the same sort of random staging that a lot of their Diana photos did. I was always impressed by your thoughts, Jay. When you said this, I imagined in my mind Patrick touting brand Knirps umbrellas. :)
It is possible that this could be done in Germany, but it is hardly for the magazine Bravo. We would know it! Perhaps the answer is somewhere nearby. :wink:
Maybe Diana did ask them to leave her hair alone. Who knows? They just seemed to be less creative with varying her style than they were with the other women. But I'm glad we didn't end up with all blonde Avengers women--good to mix it up a bit. :wink:

How do you know that the shoot isn't from Bravo? From the looks of things, Diana did multiple shoots for the magazine. And aesthetically it looks very similar. Could it be one no one's looked into yet?
Maybe it was in Diana's contract. DON'T MESS WITH MY HAIR! :lol:
Seriously after the Tara debacle, it was clear, they did not know hair. Maybe Di was aware of this. Also, she did a lot of theatre work. Having blonde hairdos was maybe out of teh question. I guess she could have worn a wig but I doubt she wanted to fuss with all that.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:How do you know that the shoot isn't from Bravo? From the looks of things, Diana did multiple shoots for the magazine. And aesthetically it looks very similar. Could it be one no one's looked into yet?
Today I went into this issue and found some information.
This photoshoot was really made ​​in Germany (one point for Jay) and judokas, which we see in the background are German judo master Carl Wiedmeier (in center) and his disciples of school sports "Schwarzen Sheriffs". So there! :)
Since the late 1960s, Carl began working as consultant of martial arts in movie and television.
I think perhaps this photo series was made during production of the film OHMSS (James Bond). :?

As for the magazine Bravo! It is possible, Jay, but I researched a lot of material at one time and I did not see anything from this photo series. But it could be in a magazine TWEN! There were published such things!

anti-clockwise wrote:Maybe it was in Diana's contract. DON'T MESS WITH MY HAIR! :lol:
Seriously after the Tara debacle, it was clear, they did not know hair. Maybe Di was aware of this. Also, she did a lot of theatre work. Having blonde hairdos was maybe out of teh question. I guess she could have worn a wig but I doubt she wanted to fuss with all that.
Yes, anti-clockwise, she was a great actress in The Avengers - she looked at the nature of the game and how it corresponds to the image, costumes, etc. Director herself, so to speak, as though it may sound paradoxical.
If Diana is so passionate about this, then perhaps she is clearly not liked the accentuation of the creators on more external components than acting.
Diana was a tough nut and I'm glad she did not give an easily manipulated (including hair :D ). In the end, personally Clemens said: "Yes, she was a strong personality". Nevertheless, all of the items of Diana were failed to satisfy, she gone. :cry:
Denis
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

anti-clockwise wrote:Maybe Diana did ask them to leave her hair alone. Who knows? They just seemed to be less creative with varying her style than they were with the other women. But I'm glad we didn't end up with all blonde Avengers women--good to mix it up a bit. :wink:

Maybe it was in Diana's contract. DON'T MESS WITH MY HAIR! :lol:
Seriously after the Tara debacle, it was clear, they did not know hair. Maybe Di was aware of this. Also, she did a lot of theatre work. Having blonde hairdos was maybe out of teh question. I guess she could have worn a wig but I doubt she wanted to fuss with all that.[/quote]

She may well have preferred they left it alone, though I wasn't actually suggesting that they dye it or cut it or do anything drastic. It's just that for all the other Avengers women, they'd style it a bit differently, just to change things up. Like for the Purdey bob, the length meant they were limited in what they could do with it, but they still managed to find little ways to change it around. Sometimes they'd part it differently, or give a little flip to the bangs. Linda wore a lot of wigs, but they didn't always stick her in the same one--they'd give her longer extensions, or change the style, and then when her own hair grew back. Honor used to wear her hair up rather a lot, or in a twist. But barring a couple of updos, they left Emma pretty much with her tried and true flip, which was nice, but why they didn't play with leaving it straight, or wearing it up or back or something has always seemed odd to me.

Great work on finding that article, Denis. :D I thought aesthetically it looked very similar to the German shoots. For all we know, it could have been taken by a photographer who also shot for Bravo, which could explain the similar aesthetic. :)

norw27
Little Wonder

Post by norw27 »

I have noticed this too with Diana's hair, especially with the colour series, she did wear it up a couple of times in the B&w series (Room Without A View & A Surfeit of H2O). It probably made it easier to film especially when working on multiple episodes for her hair to stay the same throughout.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

norw27 wrote:I have noticed this too with Diana's hair, especially with the colour series, she did wear it up a couple of times in the B&w series (Room Without A View & A Surfeit of H2O). It probably made it easier to film especially when working on multiple episodes for her hair to stay the same throughout.
I'm glad it's not just me who's wondered about it! :D True, it would make it easier continuitywise, but that would be true for all the other women as well, and they still experimented with their looks more than they ever did Diana. Maybe not Honor so much, because her episodes were shot "as live", so you never had to worry about shooting multiple stories simultaneously and keeping them all straight. But Linda's hair varies almost from episode-to-episode, sometimes even within episodes, and they sometimes shot up to four TNA episodes at once, but still fiddled about with the Purdey bob as best they could given the length limits. But Emma's stays pretty constant, especially in season 5, as you say. It's particularly strange because Diana's hair just kept getting longer and longer, and you can tell it gets harder and harder for them to get the flip to stay in, yet they still don't try something different. I get that the flip hairstyle was big in the sixties, but someone in the hair department surely could have come up with something else that was in vogue.

mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
norw27 wrote:I have noticed this too with Diana's hair, especially with the colour series, she did wear it up a couple of times in the B&w series (Room Without A View & A Surfeit of H2O). It probably made it easier to film especially when working on multiple episodes for her hair to stay the same throughout.
I'm glad it's not just me who's wondered about it! :D True, it would make it easier continuitywise, but that would be true for all the other women as well, and they still experimented with their looks more than they ever did Diana. Maybe not Honor so much, because her episodes were shot "as live", so you never had to worry about shooting multiple stories simultaneously and keeping them all straight. But Linda's hair varies almost from episode-to-episode, sometimes even within episodes, and they sometimes shot up to four TNA episodes at once, but still fiddled about with the Purdey bob as best they could given the length limits. But Emma's stays pretty constant, especially in season 5, as you say. It's particularly strange because Diana's hair just kept getting longer and longer, and you can tell it gets harder and harder for them to get the flip to stay in, yet they still don't try something different. I get that the flip hairstyle was big in the sixties, but someone in the hair department surely could have come up with something else that was in vogue.
good point about her hair...
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
First of all Timeless, what a great avatar! Now where did you get this from? SMILE. LOL. Not from a watch commercial I hope! :lol:
It is a great avatar and a true find on your part. I am glad you are posting it. Ok onto Di's hair. I know exactly what you mean with the flip problem with the hair too long. I would guess she was a big star by then and had a lot more power than a new girl who is trying to please the powers that be, like Linda may have felt. Linda may have been talked into things she later had regrets about.
Di seems to have a strong personality so I can imagine she is saying, "Don't mess with me and my hair". In retrospect, I think she made a good choice. Her hair is classic and never quite goes out of style as time goes by. At the expense of being boring, I think she probably made herself and the Emma series of TA, look Timeless ( no pun intended) by doing it this way. Happy New Year BTW to you and all on this site. 8)
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

anti-clockwise wrote:First of all Timeless, what a great avatar! Now where did you get this from? SMILE. LOL. Not from a watch commercial I hope! :lol:
It is a great avatar and a true find on your part. I am glad you are posting it. Ok onto Di's hair. I know exactly what you mean with the flip problem with the hair too long. I would guess she was a big star by then and had a lot more power than a new girl who is trying to please the powers that be, like Linda may have felt. Linda may have been talked into things she later had regrets about.
Di seems to have a strong personality so I can imagine she is saying, "Don't mess with me and my hair". In retrospect, I think she made a good choice. Her hair is classic and never quite goes out of style as time goes by. At the expense of being boring, I think she probably made herself and the Emma series of TA, look Timeless ( no pun intended) by doing it this way. Happy New Year BTW to you and all on this site. 8)
Thanks! I couldn't resist. Purdey and Gambit looking great circa 1978? Come on, it has to be canon. I refuse to accept it's anything else. :wink:

As for Diana, it may very well have been a personal choice on her part. She did grown her hair quite long even after she left the show, and maybe she just liked to let it go, and didn't want people fiddling with it. I never thought of that, but it's entirely possible. It just seemed strange given what all the other women were having done to their respective styles.

mrs_emma_peel
Winged Avenger

Post by mrs_emma_peel »

Some shots of Emma's Robin Hood from A Sense of History.

Image[/url]

James/Mrs Emma Peel