Mrs. Peel, We're Needed book

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
frank
Winged Avenger

Post by frank »

Thank you. I appreciate the kind words

I hoped my long hours paid off :lol:
Rodders
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Rodders »

the best opening of any chapter so far.
The Avengers: a product of the sixties and a timeless piece of sublime art
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

I have not yet finished the book but I am very impressed with the quality of the writing. It is very compelling to read. Sam did such a great job on teh Fear Merchants:both very humorous but so insightful with all the metaphors. Frank's chapter was also compelling. Especially laughed thinking about the organization SNOB very much identified with the Nazi Regime. So perfectly suited. Dan's chapter as stated by others was so insightful to Emma's character. James had some very compelling poetry that fit the episodes to a tee. And of course Rodney's was inspiring and unique as only Rodney could have written: intertwining the episode through his dad's lens with his own added insights. Brilliant book and congrats to all the authors.

I was also struck with how many episodes had WWII metaphors of the Nazi regime in places i had never initially had associated. it is interesting that independently so many authors saw this theme repeatedly come through in their episodes.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

Glad you are enjoying the book, Margo, and your chapter on Epic was a highlight. Four of the book's chapters have been re-edited following a number of readers' complaints about feeling uncomfortable with either the invented contents or the sexual voyeurism of James' chapters. These four chapters now appear in a more clean-cut form which, I believe, allows his analysis to shine through rather than be tied down by 'erotic embellishments'. The copy on sale now through Amazon and Lulu is therefore a few pages shorter than it was previously.
anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

Rodders wrote:Glad you are enjoying the book, Margo, and your chapter on Epic was a highlight. Four of the book's chapters have been re-edited following a number of readers' complaints about feeling uncomfortable with either the invented contents or the sexual voyeurism of James' chapters. These four chapters now appear in a more clean-cut form which, I believe, allows his analysis to shine through rather than be tied down by 'erotic embellishments'. The copy on sale now through Amazon and Lulu is therefore a few pages shorter than it was previously.
Very good. Nothing like a tighter revision and most importantly happy customers! 8)
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Amazon UK are saying this book is no longer available. :?: Rich.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Try Book Depository, you get free shipping.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

cyberrich wrote:Amazon UK are saying this book is no longer available. :?: Rich.
Rich, I think Rodney sent an email explaining so check your email. And also above Rodney's comments explain that the book was taken off the market till I believe November, because it is being edited. Hope that solves the mystery.
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

Rich: After substantially re-editing four chapters, the book should be back on sale through Amazon from tomorrow (Sunday). Sorry for any inconvenience. (The new edition is already back on sale in hardback at Lulu.)
For anyone else, I should add that if you have already bought the book, it isn't worth buying again. It only has things taken out, not added!!!!
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

It is now back on sale. Slightly slimmer but slicker.