The Winged Avenger (Replica Display)

Your mission is to post, highlight and discuss Avengers fan fiction, art and other creative endeavours!
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

dissolute wrote:
Avengerholic wrote:So, with some much appreciated help from Mike, here is the Winged Avenger comic :D

ImageImageImage
I saw a post somewhere years ago where someone had identified the exact comic that was used but I can't remember where I saw it now.
Piers

Have you tried searching on 'comic book'.

I'm sure Neil Allsop reproduced this after a fashion for one of the early treasure hunts events, with all attendees receiving a copy.
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

MikeR wrote:
Avengerholic wrote:
MikeR wrote:Ian

Is this going to be the nameplate that got scratched by The Winged Avenger.
Yes Michael it is :) I'm just waiting for the white paint to dry before doing the lettering.
I'm also working on the claws in order to build the full costume. I didn't realize until yesterday that the outfit was actually a black long sleeve leotard on top of dark blue tights. Odd items to choose for a man to wear.
This also turns up in the episode Epic during one of the scenes set inside the disused film studio.
:shock: Does it !

Does anyone know at what point it's seen in Epic ? I've scoured every scene this afternoon until I'm goggle eyed and I can't see it :?
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

I know the Roberts & Son sign appears, not sure about the Winged Avenger Enterprises sign. There's also the painting from From Venus with Love (before & after) as well.

Bluray Timecodes:

Painting 2 & Sign: 17:29.786
Painting 1: 17:50.963
Sign especially: 30:47.593 & 31:28.690
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Avengerholic wrote:
MikeR wrote:
Avengerholic wrote: Yes Michael it is :) I'm just waiting for the white paint to dry before doing the lettering.
I'm also working on the claws in order to build the full costume. I didn't realize until yesterday that the outfit was actually a black long sleeve leotard on top of dark blue tights. Odd items to choose for a man to wear.
This also turns up in the episode Epic during one of the scenes set inside the disused film studio.
:shock: Does it !

Does anyone know at what point it's seen in Epic ? I've scoured every scene this afternoon until I'm goggle eyed and I can't see it :?
Ian

There were two signs, the second one here from The Winged Avenger has uneven edges and appears to be made from plastercine, hence huge scratches can gouged out of it very easily. The second more solid one reappeared in Epic after David Lodge playing the film extra policeman played out his usual death scene for Emma and fell to the floor. It can be partially seen behind him.

MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Avengerholic wrote:
MikeR wrote:Ian

Is this going to be the nameplate that got scratched by The Winged Avenger.
Yes Michael it is :) I'm just waiting for the white paint to dry before doing the lettering.
I'm also working on the claws in order to build the full costume. I always believed it was a black body suit, I didn't realize until yesterday that the outfit was actually a black long sleeve leotard on top of dark blue tights. Very odd items to choose for a man to wear.

Ian

Some years ago at The Avengers at 50 event at Chichester University, Richard Harris spoke about his inspiration for the Winged Avenger character and this was the American comic books he used to read and he name checked both Batman and Superman. Hence, I think the tights were in keeping with the skintight costumes worn by comic book superheroes. As I'm sure you know the British comic artist Frank Bellamy drew some comic panels that appeared in the episode and I think (although I have no proof) that his artwork will have assisted in the design of the Winged Avenger costume.
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, Mike, crossed wires. I'm making this one, and hence this was the sign I was driving myself nuts trying to see in Epic :)

MikeR wrote:I think the tights were in keeping with the skintight costumes worn by comic book superheroes.
Makes sense, the tights with the pants on the outside I get completely, it's more the leotard that throws me, just looks very feminine.
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Avengerholic wrote:Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, Mike, crossed wires. I'm making this one, and hence this was the sign I was driving myself nuts trying to see in Epic :)

MikeR wrote:I think the tights were in keeping with the skintight costumes worn by comic book superheroes.
Makes sense, the tights with the pants on the outside I get completely, it's more the leotard that throws me, just looks very feminine.
Ian

Right, well that's a nice prop too. I'm waiting to see how you get on with the anti-gravity boots!
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

MikeR wrote: Some years ago at The Avengers at 50 event at Chichester University
I bitterly regret not attending that event, and to think it was only 20 minutes drive from my home. But sadly it was at a very difficult time in my life, and my love for the Avengers had, at that point, become non existent. There seems to be very little in terms of a photographic record of it on line. I believe I was told that somebody made a Winged Avenger costume for it :) but there doesn't seem to be any images of that around either, such a pity, I'd love to have seen it.

MikeR wrote: Ian

Right, well that's a nice prop too. I'm waiting to see how you get on with the anti-gravity boots!
Those will be a bit tricky, I may have to have a go at making those completely from scratch, so I wouldn't hold your breath lol
But at least I've already made the boots remote control, which was a fiddly job.

Last edited by Avengerholic on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

Stencils ..

Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

Lordy, that's quite enough of that nonsense for one day !