The WORST Episode

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Artanis
Winged Avenger

Post by Artanis »

I agree, Philippa! I think it's one of Honor's best performances in the show and being in b&w makes the episode feel even more creepy.
moorlock2003 wrote:"Who's Who" doesn't bore me; it's just disconcerting seeing Macnee and Rigg acting deviously. The episode was a bit too far-fetched. From Season 5, I like "The Correct Way To Kill" with Michael Gough, great in "The Cybernauts" as well. I can see how new viewers, if they were first exposed to the series via the colour Emmas, might be turned off to the show. Some of them were on the silly side.
The color seasons with Emma and Tara were my introduction to the show. One of things I liked was the mixture of serious and silly episodes, like "The Joker" and "Epic." If I watched the Cathy Gale episodes first, I wonder whether or not I would have became a fan of the series.
Allen
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Re: good points

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Whiskers wrote:
DiVicenzo wrote:
Strange Young Man wrote: She would've been had the script required it. You're right- that part is a poorly written excuse to allow her to get captured by the helicopter. I do like the episode, though, depite one or two daft moments.

Yes, I love 'Murdersville' too - I don't care about daft moments either! I like that scene in the fields with the helicopter. Diana looks wunderbar!
The chopper scene has never bothered me. I assumed, as she would have, that the rest of the villagers are following on foot. So she would have to keep moving.
Whenever Steed and co. do something terribly stupid for the sake of TV show logic (and the plot), I like to remind myself that all of these people have suffered quite a few blows to the head. :wink:
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Whiskers wrote: The chopper scene has never bothered me. I assumed, as she would have, that the rest of the villagers are following on foot. So she would have to keep moving.
In that case she should've climbed a tree and hid, not left the forest :)
Last watched: "The Charmers"
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Strange Young Man wrote:
She would've been had the script required it. You're right- that part is a poorly written excuse to allow her to get captured by the helicopter. I do like the episode, though, depite one or two daft moments.
What was the episode where Tara made her escape and climbed down a Well? Brings the phrase sitting duck to mind...
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by DiVicenzo »

Frankymole wrote:
Whiskers wrote: The chopper scene has never bothered me. I assumed, as she would have, that the rest of the villagers are following on foot. So she would have to keep moving.
In that case she should've climbed a tree and hid, not left the forest :)

Then we wouldn't have those fabulous shots of her looking behind her as she is being chased! It would have been less dramatic for the viewer.
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Strange Young Man wrote:
She would've been had the script required it. You're right- that part is a poorly written excuse to allow her to get captured by the helicopter. I do like the episode, though, depite one or two daft moments.
What was the episode where Tara made her escape and climbed down a Well? Brings the phrase sitting duck to mind...
Noon Doomsday. She didn't escape down a well, she went to investigate a dead body. Of course the murderer appeared at the top when she reached the bottom but she knocked him out with the well handle - climbed back to the top as he came around and then had a fight - she won. She had great stamina.:)
moorlock2003
Thingumajig

Post by moorlock2003 »

Darren wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Strange Young Man wrote:
Noon Doomsday. She didn't escape down a well, she went to investigate a dead body. Of course the murderer appeared at the top when she reached the bottom but she knocked him out with the well handle - climbed back to the top as he came around and then had a fight - she won. She had great stamina.:)
She sure did. Tara was one tough cookie in her fights.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

moorlock2003 wrote:
Darren wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote: What was the episode where Tara made her escape and climbed down a Well? Brings the phrase sitting duck to mind...
would that be with or without that BRICK in her purse ?

(LOL)

actually, TARA improved her fighting skills, greatly..as the series wound down..
moorlock2003
Thingumajig

Post by moorlock2003 »

mousemeat wrote:
moorlock2003 wrote:
Darren wrote: Noon Doomsday. She didn't escape down a well, she went to investigate a dead body. Of course the murderer appeared at the top when she reached the bottom but she knocked him out with the well handle - climbed back to the top as he came around and then had a fight - she won. She had great stamina.:)
would that be with or without that BRICK in her purse ?

(LOL)

actually, TARA improved her fighting skills, greatly..as the series wound down..
That "brick in the purse" bit in "The Forget-Me-Knot" was there for the sake of amusement, no other reason. There was hardly time for Tara to try out her fighting skills. This was her introductory episode and it wasn't meant as a full-scale showing of what she was capable of doing.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

The brick-in-the-handbag was a mistake. They should have given her a decent scrap. Diana was doing it all in that episode.