Emma Peel's Best Fight?

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

It's merely a comment - an aside actually, as it was in parentheses. Not a criticism.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
malte1982
Nutshell

Post by malte1982 »

I like the End Fight`s in the Episode

"The Danger Makers"
shaunodan
Winged Avenger

Post by shaunodan »

DiVicenzo wrote:For me as stated in another thread it has to be 'Give me the gun! Give me gun!' from 'Death At Bargain Prices' - one I re-enact when drunk apparently as all my friends know it even though some of them have never seen the episode :?

Love this Emma fight 8) Emma pulls herself up to her full height at one stage and throws the kind of daggers look I thought no one could throw like Purdey :D Mrs. Emma Peel (as Purdey calls her :roll: ) shows surprising physical presence and hauteur, is strong with very effective fighting skills....even more impressive than Purdey :wink:
Last edited by shaunodan on Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Rodney wrote:Her battle with McNab above the staircase in Castle De'ath is one of my favourites. (An enjoyable episode all round).

second that notion. a top 5 episode for me
Charlie Parker
Little Wonder

Post by Charlie Parker »

I am going to the iconoclast here and admit I prefer the rougher scrappier fights of the videotaped era to balletic fights of the film era.
Peter Motte
Little Wonder

Post by Peter Motte »

Epic, the scene where they do the same scene a second time.
I know that some people dislike the episode, but I like it because the goofy treatment of pre-war movie making.
Prrr......
-----------
Peter Motte, translator English/French to Dutch
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

I actively dislike the fight in "Death at Bargain Prices" because it's *too* stylised. I can see what they're doing but it doesn't work for me.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Lhbizness

Post by Lhbizness »

I love that 3/4s of a discussion labeled "Emma Peel's Best Fight" is "Emma's awful!" Nice, guys.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Really? One complaint about the switch to a stunt double and my dislike of the "Westside Story" inspired choreography in "Death at Bargain Prices" can't be painted as saying "Emma's awful!"

I just rewatched "Small Game for Big Hunters" (as folllowers of my site updates would have noticed!) and even that short fight scene is great. Diana is so elegant and athletic that she makes all her fight scenes look fantastic.

(Come to that, I don't mind the finger clicking in "Death at Bargain Prices", it's the over-stylised pirhouettes and raised arms that are the problem - and that's Ray Austin's fault if it's anyone's!)
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Lhbizness

Post by Lhbizness »

Stunt doubles, Tara's a better fighter, the taped era is better, all that "kung-fu" is wrong, Emma doesn't have a "good fight." And this is the second thread I've seen that makes the same statements. But, yeah.

Anyways: I enjoy most of her fights. I like Death at Bargain Prices especially because it's so different and uses the stylization to its advantage. Also The Hour that Never Was and Castle De'ath.