The Avengers: living, possibly and most likely living performers

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

denis rigg wrote:Updated the list of performers for 2021.
again, thanks for the additional data....looking over previous posts to this thread, a huge body of work...I doubt any web site / fan page/etc has as much detailed info pertaining to a show / actors / etc...unless I'm wrong...
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

I think with some of the topics we are moving well with the Doctor Who fanbase. :wink:
Denis
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

denis rigg wrote:I think with some of the topics we are moving well with the Doctor Who fanbase. :wink:
yes, I would concur with that opinion...keeping in mind, The good Doctor and his series, had a far longer run than the Avengers....
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

I just found out that for some unknown reason the actress Pearl Catlin's account on Twitter no longer exists. :?

https://twitter.com/PearlCatlin

She was active on the mentioned social network for a long time and her account recently existed when I checked it out. Alas, she long ago abandoned her account on Facebook, so now Pearl will be listed without being linked to any social network in the list of this topic.
Denis
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

denis rigg wrote:I think with some of the topics we are moving well with the Doctor Who fanbase. :wink:
Sydney Newman the genius behind both series' creation, of course...
Last watched: "The Charmers"
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Stuntman Steve Emerson added to the "Unconfirmed and unidentified" paragraph. According to 1970 Film/TV Action Directory, he did stunts in The Avengers.

Denis
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

The name Leslie Soden has been moved to a new paragraph "Those who were attached to the filming, but were not used or were not included in the final cut".
Denis
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Hard to believe that Linda Thorson, is going on 75 yrs old...jeez O'petes, how time flies...seem yesterday, she was a young upstart, replacing Diana Rigg...
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Yes, we all quickly become old people as we grow up. Time flies faster and faster. Oh, my Steed.
Denis
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Stunt performer Beryl Martin's name has been removed from the Unconfirmed and unidentified list since I learned today that she died on August 23, 2018. :(

Facebook

Ann Martin (Mike Martin's wife). Mike is one of Beryl Martin's sons.
23 August 2021

https://www.facebook.com/ann.martinpepp ... 5030371399

Its a hard day for mum today as it would have been mum and dads 62nd wedding anniversary. I love you mum xx
Also for Mike and his family as 3 years ago today we lost his mum Beryl xxx thinking of you all xxx

Another post on Facebook:

Mike Martin
24 August 2018

https://www.facebook.com/mmfamilymartin ... 8599135607

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resume

This was mentioned in the newspaper Marylebone Mercury (12 April 1968), that Beryl participated in The Avengers.

Beryl Martin was an expert at water ski-ing and stunt performer, participated in James Bond films and TV.

Birthname: Beryl Wells.
Born: July 1934 in Eton, Buckinghamshire, England, UK.
Married on Reuben Joseph Martin (strongman) in 1952. Sons: Kevin and Martin. Reub, like Beryl, participated in films and TV.

In the middle 1950s, Reub opened a small rugged upstairs gym in North London, reputed to be the ultimate U.K. hardcore training facility. He and Beryl toured night clubs and cruise ship circuits for the following 20 years. Their popular stage presentation was a combination of strength and comedy. Later, they managed Tough Guys Film Stunt Agency, which specialized in strongmen and stuntmen featured in television and films.

Denis