The Avengers/TNA: List of people dead in 2020

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

For UK listeners, BBC Radio 4 Extra features Dame Diana Rigg and Honor Blackman at the start of the obituaries. Roger Marshall also gets a mention: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000r3gd
Last watched: "Concerto"
mariocki
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by mariocki »

The Irving Society have tweeted that Jeremy Burnham, who was responsible for the erection of a plaque dedicated to Sir Henry Irving, died on New Year’s Eve but I haven’t seen this mentioned elsewhere.
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

mariocki wrote:The Irving Society have tweeted that Jeremy Burnham, who was responsible for the erection of a plaque dedicated to Sir Henry Irving, died on New Year’s Eve but I haven’t seen this mentioned elsewhere.
Sadly, Jeremy was one of my favorite Avengers scriptwriters. :cry: I found an information on Ancestry (family tree by Rev Dr Luke White King):

https://www.ancestry.com/search/categor ... name_x=1_1
Denis
hatpeg
Little Wonder

Post by hatpeg »

Sad news.

I met and had a chat with Jeremy at Chichester, and he was polite and gracious. In addition to The Avengers, we discussed his writing on the Hammer House episode The Thirteenth Reunion, which I had watched just a few days earlier.
I also had some email contact with him about 4 years ago and had a prompt and helpful response.

He had his own website which is still available to view.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

hatpeg wrote:Sad news.

I met and had a chat with Jeremy at Chichester, and he was polite and gracious. In addition to The Avengers, we discussed his writing on the Hammer House episode The Thirteenth Reunion, which I had watched just a few days earlier.
I also had some email contact with him about 4 years ago and had a prompt and helpful response.

He had his own website which is still available to view.
Thank you for all these words, it is good to hear that you had a great time with Jeremy in Chichester and also had an email contact with him. These are such precious moments in your life now.
Coincidentally, I have a VHS with the Hammer House episode The Thirteenth Reunion in old voice-over Russian - a great rarity whcih I got from a collector of films and music many years ago.
At one time I looked at Jeremy Burnham website and it was interesting to read his memoirs there.
I think Jeremy Burnham was a more important part of Avengerland than just the writer and actor. Patrick Macnee and Brian Clemens were kind in remembering him. I will mark Jeremy in this thread with a special color.
Denis
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Ian Hendry's daughter Corrie Hendry, who appeared in TNA episode To Catch a Rat, added to the list. :cry:

Denis
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Pamela Mann (wife of the film director Freddie Francis) added to the list.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0542911/
Denis