Who's Who? - Hit or Miss

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Dan
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Dan »

Cariheart wrote:
Dan wrote:And we found out something new about Mrs. Peel - she can't dance to rock'n roll. Reminds me of Elaine on Seinfeld.
Remember, it's not Mrs. Peel... :wink:

Hey you're right. That makes me feel much better.
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

I like the fact that, with the narration (something I usually abhor), it enters the realm of poking fun at the show itself. Very different episode, a bit off-putting, but likeable. I'm of the mind that any episode with Diana Rigg is fantastic. The woman is mesmerizing every second she is on the screen.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I agree that the narration is a plus - although it's the thing I imaine upsets this episode's detractors. It's the breaking of the 4th wall and inviting the viewer to get involved. The narrator is almost saying, "Look, isn't this silly but this is the story ... "

A lot of 5th season dislikers suggest that there are too many routine episodes and this is at least very different.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Madelow
Nutshell

Post by Madelow »

Hello all: Always enjoyed this one for all the reasons posted earlier. Is it Top Ten material? No, but is enjoyable as a comic change of pace. And, be honest, didn't we all think Diana Rigg played a great criminal? Best Regards, Madelow.
Mona
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Mona »

I find the idea of "body snatching" more interesting to think about from an contemplative point of view. I wonder how it really was for an in-shape Steed and Emma, very comfortable with their own admirable bodies, to be put into out of shape rather plain bodies. It must be shocking from an emotional viewpoint and I like to take episodes and think about things like that. Let alone poor Steed having headaches he doesn't usually get in his new body; luckily, what a great clue finding the medicine to treat it!

It was nice seeing that Steed's body--whomever is wearing it--loves to have the back of his neck stroked; he just about purred when that happened! And we did get a good look at how the real Steed and Emma regularly kissed when the nefarious interlopers did so on the couch. It was worth watching the episode solely for that. ;-)

Mona
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk