Avengers director's cut ?

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:The wig showed her commitment to the role - that she couldn't even be bothered to dye her hair auburn.
Wig ! What wig ? I think it might be a grand idea to research before slating Thurmans' commitment to the role :wink: It was her own hair, and much time went into choosing the right colour before dying it. The only actress who wore a wig was Keeley Hawes, and it was she as Tamara who made the only the 'tip of the bowler' to Tara King.
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by DiVicenzo »

JohnSteedFr wrote:Well, I decide to re-put all the videos that I had shown you on the former forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbdbFUhJUQw
Here you can see the entire reconstruction of the first scene that we could see in the first version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yc0PddTbfY
this is the trailer of the movie.
Enjoy !

And the other trailer of the motion picture that we could see in France : http://www.cinemovies.fr/fiche_multimed ... film=10075
Notice : we have few moments which come from the first scene in which the false Emma destroyed Prospero.

Great Denis! I like the reconstruction! Thanks!
How does one view the French trailer, please?
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

I'm not Denis, my name is Joris.
But I'm subscribed on the French forum too.

Well the french trailer hasn't been dubbed, I remember that when I was in theater (for Titanic if I remember...), I saw it in English with subtitles and I was like a stone, without emotions, I wanted to see that film.
I've been disappointed by the result, I had seen the famous "unseen extracts".
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
Lando
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Lando »

The Avengers movie helped me to discover The Avengers series. I was not alive during the original series. I actually thought the movie was a lot of fun as well.

There's a great website for the film as well as a petition for a director's cut:

http://www.theavengers-movie.com/

The host of the site is a really cool guy as well.

Hopefully WB can release the full version of the film in the near future. I believe the film is finished, but was edited heavily before release. The soundtrack of the film contains a great deal of music that was not heard in the film.

Count me in for a copy of a Director's Edition of this film. Hopefully on blu ray.
Borgus Weems
Winged Avenger

Post by Borgus Weems »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Allard wrote:Just of the top of my hat, an instant thought, but maybe just maybe Jeremy Northam could make a nice Steed.
He was allegedly cast as John Steed (Saffron Burrows was cast as Emma Peel) in a recent attempt by ITV to produce a new version of The Avengers a couple ofyears ago (according to the News of the World).

Northam and Burrows were both in the 2001 movie Enigma.
Did they shoot a pilot for this Northam and Burrows version?

And is this true - Sean Connery's character was going to be a dodge Z& be killed half-way through - the real villain was going to be Mr. Peel! And that when executives saw that Connery wasn't going to be the main villain, they insisted it be reshot?
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Borgus Weems wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Allard wrote:Just of the top of my hat, an instant thought, but maybe just maybe Jeremy Northam could make a nice Steed.
He was allegedly cast as John Steed (Saffron Burrows was cast as Emma Peel) in a recent attempt by ITV to produce a new version of The Avengers a couple ofyears ago (according to the News of the World).

Northam and Burrows were both in the 2001 movie Enigma.
Did they shoot a pilot for this Northam and Burrows version?
No, I don't think it even got to the script stage. I would hazard a guess that ITV wanted a similar hit to the BBC's Doctor Who revamp.

In the end they went with Primeval.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Avengerholic wrote:The only actress who wore a wig was Keeley Hawes, and it was she as Tamara who made the only the 'tip of the bowler' to Tara King.
What was her character's full name? Was it "Tamara Knight", the famous author of "When shall we meet?"
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

The Avengers film betrayed everything that was great about the series. No humour, no charm, no chemistry between the leads. Fiennes and Thurman were miscast, and for that matter, so was Connery. A dud all the way around.
Horatio Kane
Nutshell

Post by Horatio Kane »

MRotten wrote:The Avengers film betrayed everything that was great about the series. No humour, no charm, no chemistry between the leads. Fiennes and Thurman were miscast, and for that matter, so was Connery. A dud all the way around.
You didn't like it then? :lol:
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

Horatio Kane wrote:
MRotten wrote:The Avengers film betrayed everything that was great about the series. No humour, no charm, no chemistry between the leads. Fiennes and Thurman were miscast, and for that matter, so was Connery. A dud all the way around.
You didn't like it then? :lol:
You might say that.

It was an impossible task anyway, trying to recapture the essence of the TV series. The Avengers series was of a specific time and place, with stellar talents in front of and behind the camera unique to that era.