The Official 2010 Avengers Calendar

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

Some of Patrick's suits were made by Pierre Cardin, but I don't remember if he created some during the fifth season, I think so.
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

The DVLA is no good either - the car is still registered, but the record was transferred in 1991.

The vehicle details for GC 200 are:

Date of Liability 01 05 2010
Date of First Registration 04 03 1991
Year of Manufacture 1929
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 7668CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour BLACK
Vehicle Type Approval null
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

dissolute wrote:I think a lot of Macnee's suits were his own - some he was already wearing in '61 and '62 turn up again in'67.

That looks like the suit he wore in half of Season Four - it turns up again several times in the 67-8 season.
http://www.dissolute.com.au/avweb/fashion42.html
I think I remember reading about Macnee's suits, and many of them
were his...as the show did not have a huge budget for clothes,
and he also got some freebie suits, etc by wearing them in
the misc episodes...etc etc
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Allard wrote:Well it's Steed with a Rolls instead of a Bentley. And he hasn't got the silly sideburns yet so I guess this must be in the very late Peel or very early Tara King days.
yeah...and besides those hokey sideburns, he hasn't yet begun to
color his hair, while putting on a few pounds..as he did towards the end of the series run....
Anthony McKay
Little Wonder

Post by Anthony McKay »

There's something about the brown suede shoes that just seems less the classy. It must be a generation thing.

I can't tell from the photo if there are any of those matching suede patches on the back of Pat's collar. The whole look of the outfit gives an impression of late B&W Steed, but it could be early colour Steed, although I can't find a specific episode where he looks like this.
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by DiVicenzo »

Anthony McKay wrote:There's something about the brown suede shoes that just seems less the classy. It must be a generation thing.

I can't tell from the photo if there are any of those matching suede patches on the back of Pat's collar. The whole look of the outfit gives an impression of late B&W Steed, but it could be early colour Steed, although I can't find a specific episode where he looks like this.

I remember buying suede shoes in the 60's because Steed had them - I did have to return them though as they were thought to be 'racy' for want of a better word. I also had a faux-'Crombie with a suede collar in which I felt very John Steed :)
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

The calendar is on sale on eBay now, with some larger images then the ones posted previously in this topic.

JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

The photograph in the middle is my favourite. :)
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

I have my 2010 Calendar up on the wall above several other Avengers posters and artworks. Looking off camera and a little pensive, the three other stars accompanying Steed on the cover go very well together. I don't hang on to much stuff but it is another interesting Avengers calendar I'm bound to keep.
Ron
Last Watched : The Gladiators
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

I've bought every calendar since they started in 1998. I was a bit slow getting round to the 2010 one and it appears to have sold out everywhere! I guess I'll have to keep checking ebay. If anyone knows where you can still get this I'd love to hear. I do have a spare copy of the first one (1998) and the 2007 one both in mint condition if anyone wants to do a swap for the 2010 one. Rich.