What was Emma peel's best outfit.

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

cyberrich wrote: Ah, I think this is called irony. I take it that means you think I'm not a man of taste, seeing as you said the complete opposite to me in your post.
I misread "Season 5" as "Season 4"... what can I say?
Last watched: "Concerto"
Cariheart
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Cariheart »

Frankymole wrote:
Cariheart wrote:Emma also wore a sparkly thingy- looks like a jumper, in The Masterminds. It showed off her shape- especially from the waist down. I think her co-star liked it too. :wink:
All I remember about "The Master Minds" is the trampoline scene ;)
Haha! Yes, that was an interesting off-beat moment for Mrs. Peel. Any scene where she "let's her hair down" is a cherished moment.
Then again it is a gym- what else would you do with a trampoline. :wink: Speaking of this episode...does it seem almost as if it's two episodes in one? I think that fact that the scenery changes from Sir Clive Todd's house to the girl's school gives me that illusion. Sorry, I digress but I wondered if anyone else felt this way. :?
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Diana Rigg in a nurse's outfit ..

THE AVENGERS GALLERY
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Great shot, Dandy. Rigg looks great with her hair like that. :D
Sinus1994
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Sinus1994 »

Wow, absolutely great, Dandy! :D

Yours sincerely,
Sinus1994 Image
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Very beautiful. Nicely done with the colour. The Grave-diggers, isn't it? Wanda Ventham as Nurse Spray in that episode was also lovely.
Last watched: "Concerto"
bramford
Thingumajig

Post by bramford »

Having just watched A Sense of History again I have to say the Robin Hood costume was one of her best. She looked absolutely stunning! Wonderful episode, I only wish it had been in colour.
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

The cybernauts out fir green with white trim catsuit was superb. There are too many to choose from. This one was particularly unusual.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
DiVicenzo wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Emma had an awesome wardrobe--I liked pretty much everything she wore. But the pink coat and minidress from The Hidden Tiger/Return of the Cybernauts always stands out for me. And I like the tartan suit in Castle De'Ath. Plus, am I the only one who actually liked Emma's early Cathy Gale look, all the wonderful skirt-suit sets with the slingbacks and the gloves and handbags? And her hair is so wonderfully fluffy. I think I partly associate them with a really young, fresh Diana, before season 2 syndrome kicked in and she started to get tired and lose weight. She's just lovely in them. Great, classic clothes. I know they moved the character away from them, but I think they worked into Emma's progression nicely--I always imagine her as starting out as a Knight Industries businesswoman, and getting more and more action-oriented as she spends more time with Steed.

always thought the outfits were an product of the era..
No, I liked those clothes too and her hair was fabulous in some of those early episodes but I always preferred her hair wind-swept as in THTNW. I don't think there are any of Emma's outfits I hate - just not fond of those laced-up catsuits - far too fussy!
Thos outfits always seem to come in for some flack for some reason, so it's nice to know someone else likes them! :wink: I think Emma was consistently the best-dressed character in the series (probably followed closely by Cathy)--other than that weird windshield half-catsuit, there wasn't a single outfit where I think they really missed the mark. I actually like the Emmapeelers better than the leather outfits--ironically, considering they were so iconic and bought the show so much attention, I've always been a bit underwhelmed by them, and I didn't really miss them when they were phased out after season 4. But then, I'm not a guy. :wink: