Latest episode you've seen..

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

The only scene I like in Two's A Crowd is the one at the fashion show.

Johnson's music is really annoying in Man-eater. It's only plus point is having Athene Seyler. I hate Rigg's indifferent playing of the line "Miss Sheldon" as the poor woman is dragged away by the plant monster - it's like "oh that's interesting".

I'm looking forward to my annual viewing of Dressed to Kill tomorrow.
:D
batmaster
Nutshell

Post by batmaster »

Something Nasty in the Nursery, awesome episode!
I love the avengers!
Courier13
Thingumajig

Post by Courier13 »

Too Many Christmas Trees: 8/10
Silent Dust: 8/10
Courier13
Thingumajig

Post by Courier13 »

Room Without a View: 9/10
VA_Avenger
Winged Avenger

Post by VA_Avenger »

A Touch of Brimstone 10/10.

A very cheeky performance by Dame Diana, and the pulchritudinous Carol Cleveland (sans Benny Hill) for an added attraction.

I deducted a point for Steed drinking at least a gallon and a half of wine - or whatever that brew was - because it was silly. However, I added it back for the clever removal of the pea.

One oddity about this episode: Extras. Avengers episodes very seldom have anyone on camera except the principals.
<i>Those who don't understand physics are oblivious to the gravity of the situation.
<b>- Jack</b></i>
Courier13
Thingumajig

Post by Courier13 »

Small Game for Big Hunters: 7/10
The Girl from Auntie: 9/10
Borgus Weems
Winged Avenger

Post by Borgus Weems »

Epic 10/10!
Borgus Weems
Winged Avenger

Post by Borgus Weems »

From Venus with Love: 9/10
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

Doesn't 10/10 constitute a perfect episode? If so, I think that that honour can only be showered on a handful of episodes. Each time I watch The Cybernauts I'm convinced that it is that rarity, a faultless hour of TV drama.
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Just watched the BBC4 repeat of "To Catch a Rat" - I haven't watched for quite a while but forgot what a great episode it is. It's brilliantly shot by James Hill - such a shame that the quality of the episode looks so bad as I'm sure if it were restored to the quality of the Space 1999 restorations it would look incredible, bring out all the colours.

It has a fine script by Terence Feely who aside from writing the Avengers stage play hadn't written for the series since season 1 of The Avengers. Nice that they brought Ian Hendry in to play Gunner.

I took note of the music in this episode since the score is one of those that will be complete on the forthcoming New Avengers soundtrack. There's some really nice pieces using a cimbalom by the sound of it.