Diana Rigg

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: The Art of Artists/The Kumars

Post by mousemeat »

mrs_emma_peel wrote:Just found these two gems hidden away in the schedules.

The Art of Artists
Diana Rigg
BBC Radio 2 Monday 20th January 2014 … 11.00pm-12.00 midnight

Diana Rigg discusses with Russell Davies her amazing acting journey - how playing Emma Peel in the Sixties cult show The Avengers put her on the map at the start of an award-winning career which spans more than 50 years. From Bond girl to classical actress she’s enjoyed a host of varied roles, including Doctor Who, playing opposite her daughter Rachael Stirling and recently won an Emmy nomination for her appearance in the fantasy drama Game of Thrones.
Total TV Guide

wow....thanks for the alert...
The Kumars
Guest: Dame Diana Rigg
Sky1 … Wednesday 22nd January 2014 … 9.00-10.00pm

Keep the Kumars company as they welcome three of Britain's best-loved acting talents, 1960s Avengers icon Diana Rigg, Rupert Everett and Ray Winstone into their home.
DigiGuide
mrs_emma_peel
Winged Avenger

Post by mrs_emma_peel »

Very nice to hear Diana praising George Lazenby in On Her Majesty's Secret Service - she said on-screen he was very good - off-screen ... She thought We Have All The Time in The World was absolutely beautiful - and said that the role of Tracy was a beautifully written part. In this excellent interview - the full versions The Avengers theme and We Have All The Time In The World were played.
Diana also talked about Doctor Who and Game of Thrones.
Last edited by mrs_emma_peel on Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James/Mrs Emma Peel
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

mrs_emma_peel wrote:Very nice to hear Diana praising George Lazenby in Oh Her Majesty's Secret Service - she said on-screen he was very good - off-screen ... She thought We Have All The Time in The World was absolutely beautiful - and said that the role of Tracy was a beautifully written part. In this excellent interview - the full versions The Avengers theme and We Have All The Time In The World were played.
Diana also talked about Doctor Who and Game of Thrones.
I'm really looking forward to listening to this when I get a chance. It was a nice Avengers woman double bill, what with Joanna's Broadway series running just beforehand. :)
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

I think she looks better with brown hair. I hope to listen soon after I finish my chapter. 8)
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

I listened to it last night, and really enjoyed it. It's a very gentle, mellow interview, and Diana's in good spirits. She reiterates that she doesn't hate the show, and that it gave her a huge boost in her career. She also highlights again how being popular on TV helps to draw people to the theatre when stars go between the two.

She talks a fair bit about Rachael as well, and it's incredibly sweet when she does. She really enjoys spending time with her, and hopes they can work together again soon.

anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

So funny to read your post. i am listening to it now. I am just starting, but she mentions how demeaning others felt it was to be on tv. must have affected her outlook. SHe does not sound like herself. honor sounds very much the same to me but I can hardly recognize Diana at all. well i haven't gotten to the juicy parts yet so will keep listening.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

anti-clockwise wrote:So funny to read your post. i am listening to it now. I am just starting, but she mentions how demeaning others felt it was to be on tv. must have affected her outlook. SHe does not sound like herself. honor sounds very much the same to me but I can hardly recognize Diana at all. well i haven't gotten to the juicy parts yet so will keep listening.
I think there was a lot of pressure on her to go back to the theatre, yes, and that probably spurred her to leave. She's not denigrating being on TV, though. I agree her voice sounds different, though. Usually she sounds more like herself. Perhaps it's cutting out the cigarettes?

Dan
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Dan »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
anti-clockwise wrote:So funny to read your post. i am listening to it now. I am just starting, but she mentions how demeaning others felt it was to be on tv. must have affected her outlook. SHe does not sound like herself. honor sounds very much the same to me but I can hardly recognize Diana at all. well i haven't gotten to the juicy parts yet so will keep listening.
I think there was a lot of pressure on her to go back to the theatre, yes, and that probably spurred her to leave. She's not denigrating being on TV, though. I agree her voice sounds different, though. Usually she sounds more like herself. Perhaps it's cutting out the cigarettes?
Haven't had a chance to hear this interview yet but based on what I've heard in previous Rigg interviews, there's quite a lot of Diana Rigg in Mrs. Peel.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Yes, Emma certainly has her "core of steel". No-one gets one past the Dame!
Last watched: "Concerto"
NickP
Little Wonder

Post by NickP »

I watched her on The Kumars. She seems to have mellowed a lot in the last couple of years!