Diana Rigg

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Watched her on The Kumars last night. Good fun, but not much of an interview on this type of programme. Nice to see her lighter side as she entered into the spirit of it. She seems to be walking better than she has lately. Has she finally had the knees done I wonder? I preferred the radio interview with Russell Davis. Much more of a proper interview this one, and although nothing under discussion was new to me, it was great to have a full hour with Diana! :) Rich.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

mrs_emma_peel wrote:Very nice to hear Diana praising George Lazenby in On Her Majesty's Secret Service - she said on-screen he was very good - off-screen ... She thought We Have All The Time in The World was absolutely beautiful - and said that the role of Tracy was a beautifully written part. In this excellent interview - the full versions The Avengers theme and We Have All The Time In The World were played.
Diana also talked about Doctor Who and Game of Thrones.
very happy to hear her say positive things about Lazenby and the film. yrs later, it's now viewed as one of the corner stones of the BOND series..
widescream
Thingumajig

Re: The Art of Artists/The Kumars

Post by widescream »

mrs_emma_peel wrote:Just found these two gems hidden away in the schedules.

The Art of Artists
Diana Rigg
BBC Radio 2 Monday 20th January 2014 … 11.00pm-12.00 midnight

Diana Rigg discusses with Russell Davies her amazing acting journey - how playing Emma Peel in the Sixties cult show The Avengers put her on the map at the start of an award-winning career which spans more than 50 years. From Bond girl to classical actress she’s enjoyed a host of varied roles, including Doctor Who, playing opposite her daughter Rachael Stirling and recently won an Emmy nomination for her appearance in the fantasy drama Game of Thrones.
Total TV Guide

The Kumars
Guest: Dame Diana Rigg
Sky1 … Wednesday 22nd January 2014 … 9.00-10.00pm

Keep the Kumars company as they welcome three of Britain's best-loved acting talents, 1960s Avengers icon Diana Rigg, Rupert Everett and Ray Winstone into their home.
DigiGuide
I had to download this Kumars episode on the net. I don't think they have broadcast this series in Australia for quite some time now but it was easy for me to find. I have now viewed it and whilst it was amusing it was not very illuminating.

Does anyone have a download link for the BBC Radio 2 interview?
bhdaviesuk
Thingumajig

Post by bhdaviesuk »

I've just bought the DVD box set of season 3 of Game of Thrones and, having watched the 10 episodes, am now working my way through the audio commentaries. Diana is on the one for episode four, with Lena Headey and Alex Graves. She doesn't say a lot, and is very quiet-spoken, but she has some interesting things to say about e.g. lighting of scenes and she's very complimentary about Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen).
--
Barbara
Whiskers
Winged Avenger

Post by Whiskers »

Five hours of Diana on ITV tomorrow. Kicking off with Evil Under The Sun at 12:45 immediately followed by On Her Majesty's Secret Service at 3pm.
Last watched : Intercrime
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Whiskers wrote:Five hours of Diana on ITV tomorrow. Kicking off with Evil Under The Sun at 12:45 immediately followed by On Her Majesty's Secret Service at 3pm.

pleasure !
mousemeat

Re: The Art of Artists/The Kumars

Post by mousemeat »

mousemeat wrote:
mrs_emma_peel wrote:Just found these two gems hidden away in the schedules.

The Art of Artists
Diana Rigg
BBC Radio 2 Monday 20th January 2014 … 11.00pm-12.00 midnight

Diana Rigg discusses with Russell Davies her amazing acting journey - how playing Emma Peel in the Sixties cult show The Avengers put her on the map at the start of an award-winning career which spans more than 50 years. From Bond girl to classical actress she’s enjoyed a host of varied roles, including Doctor Who, playing opposite her daughter Rachael Stirling and recently won an Emmy nomination for her appearance in the fantasy drama Game of Thrones.
Total TV Guide

wonder if anyone taped or downloaded this ??

wow....thanks for the alert...
The Kumars
Guest: Dame Diana Rigg
Sky1 … Wednesday 22nd January 2014 … 9.00-10.00pm

Keep the Kumars company as they welcome three of Britain's best-loved acting talents, 1960s Avengers icon Diana Rigg, Rupert Everett and Ray Winstone into their home.
DigiGuide
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Does anyone know where to find the interview of Diana talking about her Avenger days, overwhelmed with fan mail. And a photographer during that time who i believe was intrusive and got in her car without her permission to interview her. i am sure it is somewhere in these 19 pages on her but where i have no clue.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

anti-clockwise wrote:Does anyone know where to find the interview of Diana talking about her Avenger days, overwhelmed with fan mail. And a photographer during that time who i believe was intrusive and got in her car without her permission to interview her. i am sure it is somewhere in these 19 pages on her but where i have no clue.
yes, I would be interested as well...to track this down.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Am I right in thinking Pygmalion in 2011 was Diana's last stage role to date :?: Did anyone see her in this, and if so what were your impressions? I wish I'd managed to see this now. Does anyone know if she is planning a return to the stage in the near future? I hope so. I'd hate to think I'll never see her act on stage. Thanks, Rich.