Latest episode you've seen..

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Philippa wrote:Lobster Quadrille.
Nice episode, only I don't like the ending. Since it was Honor's last episode, it could've done with just a bit more than just 'Goodbye Steed'.
I think some sort of a real ending would've been in order.
I thought it was a perfect way to send Cathy out--blunt and to the point. I really feel as though Cathy's finally had it with Steed and the good she does can't compensate for everything he puts her through. Walking out on him with no further warning is a little payback for a few years of being manipulated (and Cathy-era Steed deserves it, too!).
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

It's a funny scene. He's treated her badly over the years and been glib about stuff so she's just repaying him. An emotional goodbye wouldn't have worked for them.
Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Philippa »

That's true. And I suppose you're both right.
But to me, in a way, it just doesn't feel like a real goodbye. It wouldn't have fitted to have an emotional goodbye, I agree, but just a little bit more would've been nice in my opinion..
ricardomartins
Thingumajig

Post by ricardomartins »

I don't think Steed has treated her that bad. Of course he dealt with the missions in a different way that Cathy did, who was more human, but she only got herself where she wanted to - she enjoyed working with Steed.
BizarreLobster
White Dwarf

Post by BizarreLobster »

It's been a while since I've been here, but it's nice to be back :)

The last episode I watched was sometime ago now, but I believe the last one was TNA's "The Eagle's Nest". It always reminds me of the original series at its best.

BL
Courier13
Thingumajig

Post by Courier13 »

The House That Jack Built: 8/10
A Sense of History: 9/10

I was shocked to learn (afterwards) that Servalan was in the latter episode :shock:

Oh, and I was obviously hoping for a kissing scene between Robin Hood and Maid Marian (the people who have seen the episode will understand) :oops:
Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Philippa »

The Charmers. 8/10
Good episode, I prefer it to the Emma Peel remake.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Yes, I prefer Charmers to the remake. Fenella Fielding was riot. My fave guest star.
The Gaslight Ghoul
Winged Avenger

Post by The Gaslight Ghoul »

Tale Of The Big Why last night on BBC 4, never really a favourite of mine I think mainly because the story line was a bit too 'real world' and mundane for my liking, when compared to Cybernauts, killer birds, brain washed sleeper agents and lethal robotic target ranges, although it was good to see it again.
You check the files, I'll check my memories.
BitShifter
Thingumajig

Post by BitShifter »

I just re-watched "Correct Way to Kill", since some people here had been recommending it. I had completely forgotten one of my favorite moments of the entire Emma series (S4 and 5):

Emma is locked in the head Russian spy's office as a pseudo-hostage, since Ivan has gone missing. She decides to pass the time by cracking the safe and going through the other side's files. She holds up a photo from the file; the picture side faces the camera, and we can see that it is Steed, looking debonair. She reads the back, then turns the photo to look at Steed's face. On the back we can see the handwritten evaluation: DANGEROUS, and below it, HANDLE WITH CARE. Emma repeats the procedure with another photo; as it faces the camera, we see it is her picture. She gives a little smile as she reads the back, and when she flips it over, we see handwritten: VERY DANGEROUS! and below that DO NOT HANDLE AT ALL.