The WORST Episodes..

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Charlie Parker
Little Wonder

Post by Charlie Parker »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
I think the actual story might be a good one, but - and, please, this is just my opinion - it's not an 'Avengers' episode. Tara just wouldn't be so easily taken in - drugged or not drugged. It either a story Brian Clemens wrote and has adapted - shoehorned more to the point - as an Avengers episode or a way to make Tara look dumb.
Well the episode to be seems to a reworking of the Clemens originated Adam Adamant episode A Slight Case of Reincarnation, only the plot works much better in Adam Adamant.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Ah, interesting.

And I found this ...
A Slight Case of Reincarnation by Tony Williamson from a story by Brian Clemens. Additional material by Donald Cotton and Richard Harris)

Hinkaya, the African Premier, arrives in the country to attend an important conference. But when an attempt is made on his life it is feared that his death will lead to a revolution, and so Adam is assigned by the ministry to take Hinkaya to a safe location. Meanwhile, villains break into Adam’s apartment and surprise Simms and Georgina; they then lie in wait and knock Adam unconscious when he returns. But when Adam finally comes to, he finds himself in a nursing home - but in the year 1902. It seems that his adventures in the 1960s have all been a dream...

Directed by Roger Jenkins
Produced by Verity Lambert

TX:
31st December, 1966 @ 9.00 pm - 9.50 pm

*This episode no longer exists
http://www.clivebanks.co.uk/Adam/Asligh ... nation.htm
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
malte1982
Nutshell

Post by malte1982 »

The Worst Episodes Are

S4
Room Without a View
Two's a Crowd
Man-Eater of Surrey Green
Small Game for Big Hunters
How To Succeed....At Murder

S5
The Fear Merchants
The See-Through Man
Epic
Something Nasty in the Nursery
Who's Who???
The £50,000 Breakfast
You Have Just Been Murdered
Mission... Highly Improbable

S6
The Curious Case of the Countless Clues
The Forget-Me-Knot
Split!
Have Guns - Will Haggle
My Wildest Dream
Legacy of Death
The Rotters
Thingumajig
Homicide and Old Lace
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

Captain Crusoe wrote:I don't think Pandora's that bad, but I can see why people find it so irritating. How can Tara possibly be so daft? I found it fascinating to think that the time she's allegedly been transported to (1915) was not much further back in time in 1968 than 1968 is now, but difference in dress, lifestyle and values was enormously greater.

I've never seen a lot of Avengers episodes because some of the ones I have seen have been so bad.

S2: I've only seen four episodes: Intercrime, Mr Teddy Bear, The White Dwarf and Warlock. I found both Intercrime and Warlock unbearable. And these are supposed to be among the best S2 episodes!

S3: I've seen about a third of S3 (the ones TAF gave four stars - after my traumatic experience with Intercrime, I didn't feel up to risking a Cathy with anything less). I liked Dressed to Kill, The Nutshell and Mandrake, but I found most of them really dull.

S4: I've seen all of them. Some of the S4 episodes aren't very interesting (Two's a Crowd, Silent Dust, Small Game for Big Hunters, The Danger Makers), but they're nothing like as bad as most of the Cathys.

S5: I've seen all of them. I find The See-Through Man and Epic embarrassing. I found The Fear Merchants and The £50,000 Breakfast boring.

S6: I've avoided most of the Taras with really bad reputations. I did try Look, Stop Me... and I think it's the Avengers episode I've seen that I hate most. I found The Curious Case of the Countless Clues and My Wildest Dream pretty boring.

TNA S1: I found The Midas Touch embarrassingly stupid. The Three-Handed Game is pretty stupid too and To Catch a Rat was boring - although both those episodes do have some good Purdey/Gambit banter. I've avoided Gnaws and Dirtier By the Dozen.

TNA S2: Dead Men are Dangerous is okay. Forward Base is daft, but mildly diverting. Angels of Death and Complex are daft and tedious. K is for Kill was unbearable. I haven't watched the rest.

I'll probably get drummed out now for saying I dislike so many Avengers episodes.
You might not get drummed out, but it does beg the question, do you actually like the show at all? I mean, this is the most negative post I've ever read here. Maybe you should stick to Star Trek to get your cult TV fix.
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

Epic is probably my least favourite
Ron
Last Watched : The Gladiators
Johnny O
Winged Avenger

Post by Johnny O »

MRotten wrote:
Captain Crusoe wrote:I don't think Pandora's that bad, but I can see why people find it so irritating. How can Tara possibly be so daft? I found it fascinating to think that the time she's allegedly been transported to (1915) was not much further back in time in 1968 than 1968 is now, but difference in dress, lifestyle and values was enormously greater.
I quite like Pandora as it's so very different to anything else. It's not very Avengers it has to be said, but there's nothing like a bit of variety! Didn't it get recycled as an episiode of "Thriller" later on?

My problem with Pandora is one of continuity. My pet peeve. Surely anybody from Mother's department - or for that matter any idiot off the street! - would be able to tell a fake skeleton from a real dead body in a burned out car? And isn't it amazing how Tara's car was set on fire, pushed off a cliff and yet reappeared, completely unscathed the following week? Mmmmm.....
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

My problem with Pandora is one of continuity. My pet peeve. Surely anybody from Mother's department - or for that matter any idiot off the street! - would be able to tell a fake skeleton from a real dead body in a burned out car? And isn't it amazing how Tara's car was set on fire, pushed off a cliff and yet reappeared, completely unscathed the following week? Mmmmm.....
I had always thought the skeleton was the skeleton of the real Pandora, kept by the uncle in his madness. Even if it's not Pandora's skeleton, human skeletons are a dime a dozen from any medical school..no you probably couldn't buy them, but it wouldn't be too difficult to obtain one.

And when did they say Tara's car had been pushed off a cliff?...I don't remember that particular scene. I may have to re-watch...But regardless, while Tara's car was rare, it's always been my assumption that the agency would have replaced it for her, or since agents (again, in my mind) are paid extremely well, she bought another one.
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

I've never seen a lot of Avengers episodes because some of the ones I have seen have been so bad.

S2: I've only seen four episodes: Intercrime, Mr Teddy Bear, The White Dwarf and Warlock. I found both Intercrime and Warlock unbearable. And these are supposed to be among the best S2 episodes!

S3: I've seen about a third of S3 (the ones TAF gave four stars - after my traumatic experience with Intercrime, I didn't feel up to risking a Cathy with anything less). I liked Dressed to Kill, The Nutshell and Mandrake, but I found most of them really dull.

S4: I've seen all of them. Some of the S4 episodes aren't very interesting (Two's a Crowd, Silent Dust, Small Game for Big Hunters, The Danger Makers), but they're nothing like as bad as most of the Cathys.

S5: I've seen all of them. I find The See-Through Man and Epic embarrassing. I found The Fear Merchants and The £50,000 Breakfast boring.

S6: I've avoided most of the Taras with really bad reputations. I did try Look, Stop Me... and I think it's the Avengers episode I've seen that I hate most. I found The Curious Case of the Countless Clues and My Wildest Dream pretty boring.

TNA S1: I found The Midas Touch embarrassingly stupid. The Three-Handed Game is pretty stupid too and To Catch a Rat was boring - although both those episodes do have some good Purdey/Gambit banter. I've avoided Gnaws and Dirtier By the Dozen.

TNA S2: Dead Men are Dangerous is okay. Forward Base is daft, but mildly diverting. Angels of Death and Complex are daft and tedious. K is for Kill was unbearable. I haven't watched the rest.

I'll probably get drummed out now for saying I dislike so many Avengers episodes.
Of course you won't. Not everyone is going to like everything about any show...And look at how many you DID enjoy! :)
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

As far as Tara's being "daft"...I think it's because they kept her so heavily drugged she couldn't think clearly. She did have some lucid moments where her agent training kicked in..trying to verify the date on the mail, trying to find out about the uncle...she even stopped eating at one point, so I'm assuming that she realized then her food was being drugged.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

kim wrote: And when did they say Tara's car had been pushed off a cliff?...I don't remember that particular scene. I may have to re-watch...But regardless, while Tara's car was rare, it's always been my assumption that the agency would have replaced it for her, or since agents (again, in my mind) are paid extremely well, she bought another one.
In UK transmission order, the following episode (actually shown two weeks later) had Tara reverting to the Maroon AC 428 Convertible, registration LPH 800D which Steed had driven in "Invasion of the Earthmen". Tara's Red Lotus Europa (reg PPW 999F) is never seen again in a new episode on British screens...

Andrew Pixley's shronology has Pandora as the last episode in which Tara drives her Red Lotus Europa, she didn't have it inTake-Over or Bizarre which are the next two adventures for her.
Last watched: "Concerto"