Venus Smith : Partner or not ?

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
VA_Avenger
Winged Avenger

Post by VA_Avenger »

Now you've done it. You've gone and reminded me of Venus . . .
<i>Those who don't understand physics are oblivious to the gravity of the situation.
<b>- Jack</b></i>
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Just spent a very enjoyable lunch listening to Julie Stevens commentary to A Chorus Of Frogs. Interestingly, Julie does regard herself as an 'Avenger girl', so why not.

She's a delight on the commentary by the way. She's never seen these episodes before (as they were often screened a day after recording) and it's a treat to hear here.

Interestingly she was a regular Avengers viewer before she was in it, so knew she was going into a big Saturday night TV show.
I'm waiting until I finish watching them all before I see the commentaries, but I've love her little intros. She's so incredibly sweet and bubbly about her time on the show. I still like Venus, and I can't wait to hear her thoughts--a fresh take for a change.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
gaucho vengador
Thingumajig

Post by gaucho vengador »

Definitly, I think she can be considered as an Avenge girl. She has a different style, that´s all. I like her.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

As Julie says, "Yes, but I'm a quiz question too!" At least she doesn't mind being overlooked.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

Regardless of whether she is considered a partner or not, Venus' time was up once Cathy Gale arrived.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

gaucho vengador wrote:Definitly, I think she can be considered as an Avenge girl. She has a different style, that´s all. I like her.
She's arguably the first Avengers girl, too (is that what the quiz question was about?).
Last watched: "The Charmers"
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Frankymole wrote:
gaucho vengador wrote:Definitly, I think she can be considered as an Avenge girl. She has a different style, that´s all. I like her.
She's arguably the first Avengers girl, too (is that what the quiz question was about?).

I think it was. That, or 'how many Avengers girls have their been?'. Her commentary is very informative, which I wasn't expecting.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

These sound better all the time. I can't wait to give them a listen (I need to see all the episodes distraction-free first.) It's so nice to have someone different speaking about the show for a change--so many of the main players trot out the same old anecdotes, it's great to have some fresh blood.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

This episode is one of the few times, other than Mother's final 'They'll be back - you can depend on it' from the last Avengers episode and Steed's 'Irreplaceable!' from Faces, where a character breaks the fourth wall. Venus comes right up to the camera and sings to us, and even gives a little wink :wink: at the end.

Years before Robert Vaughn was doing it in Hustle ... not singing, you understand - winking ...

BTW: Sad news. Donal Donally, who is in this episode, died only yesterday (4th).
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

JohnSteedFr wrote:She doesn't represent a partner for me because we never saw her fighting
But she could be quite feisty, as when she gives Steed an earful on the phone while being deployed in the Embassy in 'The Decapod'.
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Just spent a very enjoyable lunch listening to Julie Stevens commentary to A Chorus Of Frogs. Interestingly, Julie does regard herself as an 'Avenger girl', so why not.

She's a delight on the commentary by the way. She's never seen these episodes before (as they were often screened a day after recording) and it's a treat to hear here.

Interestingly she was a regular Avengers viewer before she was in it, so knew she was going into a big Saturday night TV show.
That's very interesting. I'll have to see the episode with commentary now!
Ron
Last Watched : The Gladiators