Songs and music

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Timeless A-Peel wrote: Agreed. The restoration has made a world of difference. I can actually see and hear what's going on, compared to the A&E releases where I had to crank up the volume and try to spot Steed and Cathy in the gloom. :lol:
I watched Hot Snow last night and found it hard to believe it was film made from 405-line videotape. I have a huge CRT telly (probably one of the biggest they made before CRTs were abandoned) and Hot Snow looked as sharp as anything, I could see every pore on the actors' faces. Amazing stuff. It didn't look this good in 1961, that's for sure.
Last watched: "Concerto"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote: Agreed. The restoration has made a world of difference. I can actually see and hear what's going on, compared to the A&E releases where I had to crank up the volume and try to spot Steed and Cathy in the gloom. :lol:
I watched Hot Snow last night and found it hard to believe it was film made from 405-line videotape. I have a huge CRT telly (probably one of the biggest they made before CRTs were abandoned) and Hot Snow looked as sharp as anything, I could see every pore on the actors' faces. Amazing stuff. It didn't look this good in 1961, that's for sure.
amen...myself, worked in u.s. TV for yrs, at the tail end of the video tape era..and the depth of video taped programs, varies..hot snow, now duly remastered..lokks very very good