Patrick Macnee in film and other TV Series

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

ischtar wrote:I did some work on photos from the "River Plate battle" - I hope you enjoy them.

ImageImageImage

http://s772.photobucket.com/albums/yy8/ ... snapshots/

some lovely photos of Patrick, from years ago....great to see him earlier in his career.

always loved how the British wore shorts as part of their uniform...
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

mousemeat wrote:some lovely photos of Patrick, from years ago....great to see him earlier in his career.

He was dressed similarly as the Captain of a cruise ship in "Columbo" some decades later! Not sure about shorts, maybe not in keeping with the dignity of the command position, but definitely a white naval uniform. Was Patrick ever in the navies (Royal or Merchant)?
Last watched: "Concerto"
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

ischtar wrote:The TV Episode " Night of April 14th" about the Titanic with Patrick Macnee is available on the "One step beyond" collection DVD:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/One-Step-Beyond ... =8-2-fkmr0
Some poor reviews there. It sounds like some of those illicit "public domain" releases that are just converted from old home video tape recordings - putting a company logo on screen usually covers up the TV station ident.
Last watched: "Concerto"
ischtar
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by ischtar »

Frankymole wrote:
mousemeat wrote:some lovely photos of Patrick, from years ago....great to see him earlier in his career.

He was dressed similarly as the Captain of a cruise ship in "Columbo" some decades later! Not sure about shorts, maybe not in keeping with the dignity of the command position, but definitely a white naval uniform. Was Patrick ever in the navies (Royal or Merchant)?

He served in the Royal Navy during WW II from 1942 on, first as ordinary seaman, later as an officer.
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

ischtar wrote:
Frankymole wrote:

He served in the Royal Navy during WW II from 1942 on, first as ordinary seaman, later as an officer.
that was an path taken by many other actors....Clark Gable, Jimmy Stewart,
Ronald Reagan. come to mind...
gaucho vengador
Thingumajig

Post by gaucho vengador »

Patrick appeared as guest star in many importants T.V. Shows. The most recently was Fraser. He played the father of a shakespearean actor.
Mona

Post by Mona »

Pat played Cecil Hedley, the father to the (awful) "Shakespearean actor", Derek Jacobi, who played Jackson Hedley. It was in the eighth season and was a very funny episode.

Mona
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I can't believe that was a decade ago.

Patrick Macnee in Frasier was inspired casting, although I don't really like to see Brits in American shows.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Mona

Post by Mona »

Patrick Macnee in Frasier was inspired casting, although I don't really like to see Brits in American shows.[/quote]

I believe Kelsey Grammar is a huge Avengers fan, so having Pat on the show was a lovely tribute to that.

Mona
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Mona wrote:Pat played Cecil Hedley, the father to the (awful) "Shakespearean actor", Derek Jacobi, who played Jackson Hedley. It was in the eighth season and was a very funny episode.

Mona
yeah, remember that episode..I wasn't a 'HUGE' fan of the show, but at times,
it did hold my attention...Frasier reminds me of one of my neighbours..a real
'wind bag'...LOL!