AVENGING EVENINGS !!!

Brollies, bowlers and boots (kinky, of course) are just a mouse click away. Tell us what Avengerish things you have found on the web.
Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Re: Avenging Evenings

Post by Philippa »

Rick Curzon wrote:Whay not just watch every episode in order of production?
Wouldn't that be just a tad boring? I think it's much more interesting to watch episodes from different years. Plus not everyone (including myself) has all the episodes so by watching them in order of production, you would exclude many people.
Artanis
Winged Avenger

Re: Avenging Evenings

Post by Artanis »

Philippa wrote:
Rick Curzon wrote:Whay not just watch every episode in order of production?
Wouldn't that be just a tad boring? I think it's much more interesting to watch episodes from different years. Plus not everyone (including myself) has all the episodes so by watching them in order of production, you would exclude many people.
I agree. Watching them in order would be too predictable, I like mixing the eras together. And everyone has their own favorite era, so it's best to just have someone pick an episode each week.
Last edited by Artanis on Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Allen
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Can we please post a list of episodes-watched (group watched) once we've seen a few, to avoid choosing the same episodes again in future?
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Frankymole wrote:Can we please post a list of episodes-watched (group watched) once we've seen a few, to avoid choosing the same episodes again in future?

Just start a new topic for this, the person who posted the first post can include a list in this first post. This first post can be edited and the list updated as often as he or she want to.
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

Okay, tonight we'll talk about Honey for the prince.

Concerning next episode, I'll choose one of another season. :wink:
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

So......where's our avenging evening? I thought somebody was supposed to start a new thread so we could discuss the episode?
Concerning next episode, I'll choose one of another season.
Isn't somebody else supposed to choose the next episode?
Oliver Twist
Nutshell

Re: AVENGING EVENINGS !!!

Post by Oliver Twist »

JohnSteedFr wrote:I have an idea (I don't know if you'll like it but) :
I'd like to create "Avenging parties": every Saturday, we would watch an episode of the series at 9.00pm (the same episode for everyone) and we would talk about it later on this forum or on msn.

Are you interested by this project ?
I think this is an excellent idea. Not only does it help to keep the show alive and being watched, but it will also provide an opportunity for newcomers to become acquainted with it and to discuss what they think and feel about it - with others - after they have watched it.

As others have said, I think the episodes should be chosen at random from different epochs of the show, and I think that you - as the originator of the idea - should do the choosing; because otherwise there is endless potential for wrangling and disagreements over which episodes to watch.

Unfortunately, I own no videos or DVDs of The Avengers and nor do I have a Region 1 player, otherwise I would gladly join in as it would be the perfect opportunity for me to re-acquaint myself with the show. Hopefully, when my finances improve, that situation will change.
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

I don't know what I can do : should I choose the next episode or not ?
Maybe it would be better to let you, dear members, choosing the next episode.
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
Artanis
Winged Avenger

Post by Artanis »

JohnSteedFr wrote:I don't know what I can do : should I choose the next episode or not ?
Maybe it would be better to let you, dear members, choosing the next episode.
Well, we never discussed "Honey For The Prince", so maybe we should do that before picking another episode.
Allen
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

^That was exactly my point.
So what's the plan? Do we start a new thread for 'Honey for the Prince'?