The Avengers - A 50th Anniversary Celebration

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

I just received another e-mail from Mr. Austin. I had told him in my first reply that I was trying to think of a way for forum members to recognize each other. Here is his suggestion....

Dear Kimberly;

Sorry you wont make it, it would have been nice to meet.

Forum members could wear a pinned or buttonholed red rose like our Steed. (even an imitation) Please tell members that I will be on stage and always like QAA. They should let the Anniversary web page know that, and that we are all fans. I will look out for them.

Talk soon. Raymond & Wendy.

Sounds like a great idea to me. :D
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
MLP*
Thingumajig

Post by MLP* »

Press launch today :

http://twitpic.com/4a19xf
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by DiVicenzo »

Thank you - were you there?
Where was it being held?

Barry
sic friat crustulum
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by DiVicenzo »

I got this today too:

Hello,

I would like to bring your attention on a new post published on the blog. Details of the post follow; I hope you will find it interesting.

Best regards,

admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adam Locks on Spirit FM today

Our co-organiser Dr. Adam Locks will be talking about The Avengers 50th Anniversary Celebration on Spirit FM this afternoon. Be sure to tune in to hear from the man himself all about the event! To listen visit the official Spirit FM website. Adam was also talking about the event on BBC Radio Sussex this morning.

Link to the post: http://blogs.chi.ac.uk/theavengers/adam ... t-fm-today
Link to The Avengers 50th Anniversary Celebration: http://blogs.chi.ac.uk/theavengers
bramford
Thingumajig

Post by bramford »

The Avengers Programme
March 17th, 2011

Our aim is to recognize the fun and playfulness The Avengers has become known for, alongside a series of in-depth interviews, screenings and panel discussions examining the cultural influences and historical impact the show has had across the international stage.
We see the weekend as a vibrant celebration underpinned by academic enquiry all within the intimate setting of our Bishop Otter Campus.

Main Stage

Curated by Dr Adam Locks (Senior Lecturer in Media ChiUni) & Jaz Wiseman (Producer of the recent The Avengers DVD’s)

Guest Interviewer: Paul O’Grady

Our main stage marquee has enough room to cater for all delegates and VIP guests with a capacity of 350, and will play host to the opening and closing ceremonies on both days. It will also be the location for our series of headline interviews with cast and crew, panel discussions and ‘live’ audio commentaries of screened episodes. We will also be screening exclusive video messages from Patrick Macnee and Joanna Lumley, and a recent exclusive interview with composer Laurie Johnson.

Each day we will be conducting in-depth one to one interviews followed by Q&A’s, lasting up to an hour with those who created and formed this iconic show from both behind and in front of the camera. With a selection of interviewers drawn from the worlds of journalism, television and academia, we feel the expertise on offer will cater for a range of tastes and interests.

Highlights include:

* 1-2-1 interviews with:Leonard White, Honor Blackman, Linda Thorson, Brian Clemens, Ray Austin & Howard Blake
* Director and Writer discussion panels
* ‘Live’ Episode Commentaries
* & Much more across both days

Screening Room

Curated by Dick Fiddy from the BFI.

Our screening room has a capacity of 200 and will run from 10am till 6pm each day showing a series of ‘rarities and oddities’ footage, alongside episodes from shows influenced by The Avengers.

Highlights include:

* Pathe Avengers fashion material
* Spoofs from Paul O’Grady, Benny Hill, French & Saunders and Bob Mills
* Avengers 1960s and 70s trailers
* Avengers publicity interviews
* Parkinson interview with Diana Rigg
* Under the Influence of The Avengers:
* Zodiac
* Adam Adamant
* Honey West
* The Corridor People

Craft Stage

Curated by Michael Holley (Senior Lecturer in Media ChiUni)

The Craft Stage holds 150 and will host a number of shorter, more intimate conversational sessions. Here we will present supporting actors, writers and stunt performers, panels interspersed with a few low-key individual interviews. Full details to follow.

Signings Area

We will be organizing a schedule for autograph signings that will run throughout the weekend. Though we will not be charging for signings some of our main guests will. Full details to follow.

Memorabilia

The University Chapel will house an extensive and rarely seen collection of artifacts relating to the show. Amongst many other items these will include books, comic books, designer clothes ranges influenced by the show, original scripts, props, original toys and games.
We will also have the original Lotus car used by the character Emma Peel on display outside of the Chapel.

Bookstore

(Information to follow)

VideoTech

In the campus Learning Centre we will be providing exclusive access to footage from the weekend so if you miss a discussion panel or interview you can come and watch it a few hours later on one of the University computers. You will also be able to access the good luck messages and interviews we have gathered in the period leading up to the weekend.
Around Campus

To fully immerse you into the world of The Avengers we are going to dress the campus as ‘AvengersLand’. From recreating crime scenes, to displays influenced by some of the most memorable sets, we want to underline the visual and often surreal nature of the show.

The Hellfire Club

As homage to one of the show’s most significant episodes we will be holding a party on the Saturday night including a charity auction hosted by Paul O’Grady. This will be a chance for you to meet other delegates and hopefully some of the interviewers and guests, as we all discuss the day’s events and what awaits over a cocktail or two. The Hellfire Club is free to all delegates and will be open from 8pm till late.

Additional Content

We are still working on and developing other areas of content, which we feel, will enhance what is an already exciting and unique event.

Watch this space…

Filed under: Event Information, Latest News by admin

http://blogs.chi.ac.uk/theavengers/the- ... -programme
Halfhide
Winged Avenger

Post by Halfhide »

Must remember to pack my camera...... this is shaping up to be one hell of a weekend :D :D :D
Last watched: The Undertakers
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Honor is certainly enjoying in being Mrs Cathy Gale again.

THE AVENGERS GALLERY
bramford
Thingumajig

Post by bramford »

Brian Clemens on BBC Three Counties Radio yesterday:

"They're flying Ray Austin over from America. They would've flown Patrick in, but he's a bit old and frail now. But he's sending a message or maybe an on-camera interview. Joanna Lumley is doing the same. Unfortunately, Jo would have come but she's in America at the moment, wont be back in time I don't think. Linda Thorson is coming, we're not sure about Diana Rigg... yet."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00f9gv4
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

bramford wrote:Linda Thorson is coming, we're not sure about Diana Rigg... yet."
Let's hope Brian and Linda can contain their enmity enough to avoid a fight breaking out!
Last watched: "Concerto"
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Well I was on the verge of booking tickets but the missus has just been told by her NHS dentist that fixing the new infection below her tooth (next to the one they removed last time) will cost 600 pounds and they will likely have to remove the second tooth too. So that's a once-in-a-lifetime event missed but to be honest her health is more important than some old TV show... (he said through gritted, er, teeth...)
Last watched: "Concerto"