The Avengers - Series 5 + 6 replacement discs

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

MRotten wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Two Qs

Do we know what's on the bonus disc yet?

Is the complete box set a limited edition?
The Avengers Complete Collection; Bonus Disc Extras -

The Golden Schlussel - rare short film starring Diana Rigg
The Mini-Killers - 4 part short film mini-series starring Diana Rigg
Is "Das Diadem" the same thing as the Schluessel film?
Last watched: "Concerto"
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Yes, but re-shot and in colour. It's a segment, not the whole of the Diadem script - the opening part.

This and Mini-Killers were professionally transferred and graded from the film prints that Alys and I own.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Any news on whether the bonus disc will be available solo, a la the A&E Emma Peel megaset disc?
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
supersimon
Thingumajig

Bonus disc

Post by supersimon »

I might be jmping the gun here and have no inside knowledge, but I bet the answer to this question, is "not a chance"
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Re: Bonus disc

Post by MRotten »

supersimon wrote:I might be jmping the gun here and have no inside knowledge, but I bet the answer to this question, is "not a chance"
I think the big box set is an item that will separate the mice from the men as far as Avengers fandom goes. I will purchase it. I won't be able to resist. Gotta have the bonus disc, that's all there is to it.
Shanet
Nutshell

Post by Shanet »

I'm intrigued by the review of the locations documentary which the review details as being:

"A 15 minute featurette shot especially for this disc by Optimum Releasing, showcasing London"

Will this be a "clips show"? or by "specially shot" do they mean they have produced something entirely new? Do Optimum have a history of producing short documentaries? Will the producers treat the Avengers as fans would? The review does call it "Delightful" so i'm intrigued.
**In a world full of caterpillars it takes guts to be a butterfly**
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Produced by our very own Paul J. Wyatt, and it isn't just a clips show. It is indeed delightful.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Shanet
Nutshell

Post by Shanet »

Well Alan now I'm more intrigued! As a Christmas treat are you able to upload some images from this extra feature? Or perhaps a clip? If we can't have the box set for Christmas due to the problems with the discs perhaps we can all enjoy a mini Avengers Christmas present. Ofcourse I could just be foolishly wishful!
**In a world full of caterpillars it takes guts to be a butterfly**
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

I don't have the programme so can't do so (and obviously, it's Paul's baby not mine - and his and Optimum's copyright).
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
pauljwyatt
Thingumajig

Post by pauljwyatt »

Shanet wrote:Well Alan now I'm more intrigued! As a Christmas treat are you able to upload some images from this extra feature? Or perhaps a clip? If we can't have the box set for Christmas due to the problems with the discs perhaps we can all enjoy a mini Avengers Christmas present. Ofcourse I could just be foolishly wishful!
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this – i had to ask permission to show a clip of the show.

“Wish you were here – the top 10 London Locations” came about from an idea Jaz had to put together a locations then and now featurette for the DVD release of the show. Personally i know (or knew) very little about the locations used in the series but Jaz put together information on the London locations and myself and a couple of others spent several weekends and free evenings in the mews and streets of London filming away. We’ve tried to recreate certain shots and have put a framework around the whole thing as a “Top Ten” type show.

Ofourse all the hard work was done by the Avengerland website and Chris Ryan in his book – where from these the episode info and location details were drawn from in Jaz’s list – both of these are credited in the end creds for the show - all we did was turn up and film them!

There is one location featured – a London street – where in the original clip (from 1968) there’s a silver Jaguar parked. Strangely when we recreated the shot in exactly the same private parking spot was a silver Jaguar of a more modern vintage.

I found it fascinating to find out more about these locations and i was amazed at how close some of them are to very busy areas of central London. I also still have bruises from having laid down on cobbled mews trying to replicate a few shots. My only comfort is that perhaps John Hough once did the same...

We hope you like the results.

Here’s the clip link

http://vimeo.com/18530804
Designer, writer & Filmmaker

http://www.paulwyatt.co.uk