New Avengers Comic in August 2012

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Ian's art is breathtaking.

He really should be at the helm of new Avengers material. When I win the EuroMillions (could be any week now, by the way) I will negotiate a deal with him to launch a series of Avengers graphic novels. He knows his onions that guy.

Me, I'll be having cocktails with Patrick Macnee who will be telling me all the stories he wasn't allowed to tell in Blind in One Ear and The Avengers and Me. 8)
Can I come? I'll take notes. :wink:
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

He really should be at the helm of new Avengers material. When I win the EuroMillions (could be any week now, by the way) I will negotiate a deal with him to launch a series of Avengers graphic novels. He knows his onions that guy.

Me, I'll be having cocktails with Patrick Macnee who will be telling me all the stories he wasn't allowed to tell in Blind in One Ear and The Avengers and Me. 8)

Sinus1994
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Sinus1994 »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:

Am I allowed to join your conversation, too?
I'll make some good Doodles and Doodle-Stories out of that material. :D
For all the visual minded friends. ;)

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Sinus1994 wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:

What a good idea, Sinus. We can all fly in--Dandy can afford it with his Euromillions. :wink:

Sinus1994
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Sinus1994 »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Sinus1994 wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote: Can I come? I'll take notes. :wink:
What a good idea, Sinus. We can all fly in--Dandy can afford it with his Euromillions. :wink:
Yeah!
First class flight...with Champagne. :D

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

You're both invited. :)

There's a podcast over at The Comics Podcast Network with artist Steve Bryant.

Approx. 27.50 mins in to 34.53

No spoilers, but they reveal that it is an ongoing series as long as it sells, so we need to get behind and support this project, I think.

PS: I like how non-Avengers fans get things wrong sometimes. The 1998 movie was called "The Mighty Avengers"? Yeah, course it was ...

:roll:
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:You're both invited. :)

There's a podcast over at The Comics Podcast Network with artist Steve Bryant.

Approx. 27.50 mins in to 34.53

No spoilers, but they reveal that it is an ongoing series as long as it sells, so we need to get behind and support this project, I think.

PS: I like how non-Avengers fans get things wrong sometimes. The 1998 movie was called "The Mighty Avengers"? Yeah, course it was ...

:roll:
I'll curl my hair into an Emma flip and be along shortly, then. :wink:

Thanks for spotting the podcast, Dandy--I shall save that for later. Naturally the comic will survive so long as people buy it (or they yank Boom!'s licence for idiotic non-reasons, which is what happened to the last Boom! series I followed). The fact that they decided to do an ongoing series at all suggests that enough people must have bought the reprint to make it worthwhile, so hopefully those people who did will hang onto this one. I've done my part. :)

"The Mighty Avengers"? The perils of having too many Avengers in the comics industry are making themselves known. If only Stan Lee could have come up with a different name in 1963...

Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Timeless A-Peel wrote: "The Mighty Avengers"? The perils of having too many Avengers in the comics industry are making themselves known. If only Stan Lee could have come up with a different name in 1963...
I think even if Stan Lee had not come up with it someone else would have - 'The Champions', 'The Invaders', 'The Protectors' etc. They've all been used for comic book teams.

The Avengers wasn't even original when Sydney Newman used it (or Leonard White - whoever you want to believe). There was a feature film called The Avengers in 1950 and the creator of Doc Savage wrote about an adventurer called The Avenger way back in 1939.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote: "The Mighty Avengers"? The perils of having too many Avengers in the comics industry are making themselves known. If only Stan Lee could have come up with a different name in 1963...
I think even if Stan Lee had not come up with it someone else would have - 'The Champions', 'The Invaders', 'The Protectors' etc. They've all been used for comic book teams.

The Avengers wasn't even original when Sydney Newman used it (or Leonard White - whoever you want to believe). There was a feature film called The Avengers in 1950 and the creator of Doc Savage wrote about an adventurer called The Avenger way back in 1939.
Probably, though it might not have ended up as major a series as the comic book Avengers did. I learned very quickly to specify which ones I was looking for at comic books stores, because otherwise they'd lead me to the Marvel version. Occasionally they'd bring me to the paperbacks as well, though, so you have a point. :wink:

Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:The Avengers wasn't even original when Sydney Newman used it (or Leonard White - whoever you want to believe). There was a feature film called The Avengers in 1950 and the creator of Doc Savage wrote about an adventurer called The Avenger way back in 1939.
"The Masked Avenger" just showed up on an episode of children's series"Fleabag Monkeyface" - like our own "Winged Avenger" he wasn't all he appeared to be...
Last edited by Frankymole on Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"