The New Avengers - ITV4

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Whiskers
Winged Avenger

Post by Whiskers »

Tara46 wrote:I notice that ITV4 are moving onto Series 2 tomorrow with the episode "The Hostage" followed by "The Trap" & "Dead Men Are Dangerous". So what has happened to the episode "Target" from Series 1? This is one of my favourite episodes. I hope they show it at some point. :?
Phew! Thanks for that about "Target". Thought I'd missed it somehow.
Last watched : Intercrime
Tara46
Thingumajig

Post by Tara46 »

Whiskers wrote:
Tara46 wrote:I notice that ITV4 are moving onto Series 2 tomorrow with the episode "The Hostage" followed by "The Trap" & "Dead Men Are Dangerous". So what has happened to the episode "Target" from Series 1? This is one of my favourite episodes. I hope they show it at some point. :?
I expect it will be shown if ITV4 do their usual thing of repeating the series once they get to the end. I sorted the DVD out this afternoon and watched it anyway. It definitely ranks as one of my favourite New Avengers episodes :D
Whiskers
Winged Avenger

Post by Whiskers »

Was that an O.H.M.S.S. moment (screeching tyres on sand) in 'Trap'. Shot Williams (Larry Lamb) slams on the brakes and Land Rover screeches to a halt...in a muddy field!
Last watched : Intercrime
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Tara46 wrote:
Whiskers wrote:
I expect it will be shown if ITV4 do their usual thing of repeating the series once they get to the end. I sorted the DVD out this afternoon and watched it anyway. It definitely ranks as one of my favourite New Avengers episodes :D
I've just seen on the TNA Facebook group that someone contacted ITV4 to ask why Target hadn't been shown, and was told that they couldn't screen it due to "rights issues." This is new to me, as I've never heard before of any TNA episodes being kept off-air for that reason--it's definitely been reaired several times since the seventies. Anyone have any idea why Target in particular would be singled out for this reason all of the sudden?
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

Rights issues are sometimes an actor not giving permission or certain pieces of music, I believe. If it's on before the watershed there's maybe too much gunfire?
Ron
Last Watched : The Gladiators
Tara46
Thingumajig

Post by Tara46 »

Rhonda wrote:Rights issues are sometimes an actor not giving permission or certain pieces of music, I believe. If it's on before the watershed there's maybe too much gunfire?
This seems very odd. If it was because of the amount of gunfire, I would have thought "Dirtier By The Dozen" would also have to be dropped. Seems the suggestion of an actor not giving permission would be a more likely reason. I shall give it another viewing to see if I can come up any other suggestions :?
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Tara46 wrote:
Rhonda wrote:Rights issues are sometimes an actor not giving permission or certain pieces of music, I believe. If it's on before the watershed there's maybe too much gunfire?
This seems very odd. If it was because of the amount of gunfire, I would have thought "Dirtier By The Dozen" would also have to be dropped. Seems the suggestion of an actor not giving permission would be a more likely reason. I shall give it another viewing to see if I can come up any other suggestions :?
The Facebook group suggested that it might be an actor refusing permission as well. Some suggested it might be Keith Barron.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Target was repeated in the 90's BBC2 repeats and on the 2008 BBC4 repeats.

I don't believe the whole "an actor blocked the repeat" - a repeat is a fee usually and no actor will turn that down.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Darren wrote:Target was repeated in the 90's BBC2 repeats and on the 2008 BBC4 repeats.

I don't believe the whole "an actor blocked the repeat" - a repeat is a fee usually and no actor will turn that down.
yup. for the most part. getting paid is a goal of many (LOL)
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Darren wrote:Target was repeated in the 90's BBC2 repeats and on the 2008 BBC4 repeats.

Unless he wasn't being paid of course, or not enough.

The Professionals was blocked for quite a few years after Martin Shaw refused his permission. It was only when his fellow actors, who needed the money, had a quiet word that he relented.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY