Joanna Lumley: Land Of The Northern Lights

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Philippa »

^good point! hadn't thought of that. The BBC is very annoying when it comes to checking Youtube...
Oh yeah and I heard about the Mother Love petition, very good idea. I read it on the Diana Rigg forum, of which I'm also a member.
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Philippa wrote:^good point! hadn't thought of that. The BBC is very annoying when it comes to checking Youtube...
Oh yeah and I heard about the Mother Love petition, very good idea. I read it on the Diana Rigg forum, of which I'm also a member.
I just don't understand why the rest of the world can't view it outside the UK??? Very wierd - but, I suppose it's some international law that we'll never understand. Same with all these Regions of DVDs that someone else brought up elsewhere on the Forum - seems daft :?
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

I know, it makes absolutely no sense at all!

More high quality pictures of the documentary can be found here
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

DiVicenzo wrote:
Philippa wrote:^good point! hadn't thought of that. The BBC is very annoying when it comes to checking Youtube...
I just don't understand why the rest of the world can't view it outside the UK??? Very wierd - but, I suppose it's some international law that we'll never understand. Same with all these Regions of DVDs that someone else brought up elsewhere on the Forum - seems daft :?
I think the BBC do it as a service for the British licence payer - same as iPlayer, Listen Again and other BBC services. In that respect you can understand their position.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Philippa wrote:I know, it makes absolutely no sense at all!

More high quality pictures of the documentary can be found here

Bloody fantastic! thanks top you and Lyza - what software do you use to get the screen-grabs?
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

I never take screen caps. I'm really bad at them. And the only way I know how to do it is with windows movie maker.
The pics I uploaded were taken from the tv ahaha, not very professional, I know. And Lyza has an account on some website where they post HQ (high quality) pics, so she doesn't screen cap either...
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

DiVicenzo wrote:
kim wrote:Ahh technology...Is there anything it can't screw up? :D
Don't be embarrassed. It's not your fault and your offer was sweet regardless of the outcome.
Thanks Kim!

There maybe a way around it...I hope!

The programme is available at BBC i player which is not normally viewable outside the UK but if you check this out at youtube it shows how you can change your settings to watch it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIyiOB64 ... re=related

Here's the programme:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

Hope this helps!

Did anyone try this? Did it work??
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
DiVicenzo wrote:
I think the BBC do it as a service for the British licence payer - same as iPlayer, Listen Again and other BBC services. In that respect you can understand their position.
That's a point! The licence fee is getting very expensive!
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Philippa wrote:I never take screen caps. I'm really bad at them. And the only way I know how to do it is with windows movie maker.
The pics I uploaded were taken from the tv ahaha, not very professional, I know. And Lyza has an account on some website where they post HQ (high quality) pics, so she doesn't screen cap either...

How do you mean from the TV? How can you get such great quality images from your TV? You take a photo of the screen?
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

Yes ahaha. I know it sounds strange but that's exactly what I did, I just took pictures of the tv. I held my camera in front of the screen, and was very surprised of the outcome to be honest.

The first 4 parts of the documentary are now on Youtube, the last 2 parts are uploading as we speak ;)