Making it New? A Reappraisal of The New Avengers

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

It's an interesting selection of episodes--some obvious choices and some surprises. I really want to read it and see why you've chosen the ones you have. I get more excited about the book with every post! :D
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Rodders
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Rodders »

Some surprised me as well. Dirtier by the Dozen was an about-turn on my part, as I used to dislike it. Much the same with Epic in the Peel era. This is one of the reasons why the show is so great, you can return to episodes and change your mind completely.
The Avengers: a product of the sixties and a timeless piece of sublime art
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Rodders wrote:Some surprised me as well. Dirtier by the Dozen was an about-turn on my part, as I used to dislike it. Much the same with Epic in the Peel era. This is one of the reasons why the show is so great, you can return to episodes and change your mind completely.
I love Dirtier by the Dozen, I think even more than I did when I first saw it all those years ago. I haven't watched much TNA in awhile, so I'm due a rewatch, and looking forward to seeing if some of my opinions change. :)

darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Good to see some support for Dirtier by the Dozen. It was one I zoned out of on the BBC2 repeats but saw the end which I liked.

But it's one of the best New Avengers episodes. Not so much for Macnee but Hunt and Lumley shine. It feels really dangerous and tense quite a few times. And you gotta love the non-PC fight with Gambit showing Purdey's leg off to their attackers.
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Not sure why Dirtier by the Dozen is not popular with fans. i loved it. I am a new TNA fan. I just got the DVD's and have watched over half of them and this was one of my faves. Lot of great banter from Purdey and the ending scene is marvelous. Don't have any idea why they picked a bright red dress for her. Gambit in camouflage with Purdy's red dress. Not the safest plan. But Joanna up there getting in a helicopter drinking champagne is a classic moment.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

A busy week with two Avengers books out. My New Avengers book is far shorter than my Tara one. It is officially out on Amazon on Friday. Timeless will love the cover, not so sure about the content. I wait with fear!
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Rodders wrote:A busy week with two Avengers books out. My New Avengers book is far shorter than my Tara one. It is officially out on Amazon on Friday. Timeless will love the cover, not so sure about the content. I wait with fear!
Yay! :D I was wondering when the book was going to be out. I shall wait until Friday to order the Tara one so I can buy them together and save on shipping. I'm intrigued about the cover, and I'm sure I'll enjoy the contents as well. 8) To quote Gambit, I'm looking forward to it. :wink:

Rodders

Post by Rodders »

Thanks to Jaz you get Purdey on the front and back covers.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Rodders wrote:Thanks to Jaz you get Purdey on the front and back covers.
I look forward to the finished product. :D

Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Ordered both this and the new Tara book. Hopefully Canada Post won't keep me waiting for too long! :D