Mrs. Peel, We're Needed book

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Rodders wrote:It is now back on sale. Slightly slimmer but slicker.
Thanks for clearing that up. I did buy the first edition a few weeks ago. Great cover! I'm just over halfway through. Some nice chapters, and I'm very relieved that the reviews have been so positive. Season 5 is such a great season of television, and I was kind of dreading the reviews after some of the comments I've read on the forum over the years. Season 4 was never going to be topped or even equalled, but season 5 has such a lot to offer, and I have to say it's been refreshing to read such interesting and positive comments regarding season 5. A colourful, madcap and terrifically fun season. Dare I say the second best Avengers season :!: :D Rich.
Rodders
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Rodders »

Rich, now you are opening a can of worms! I still believe that The New Avengers first season is better, and that Season 6 has more interesting episodes. Both colour seasons of The Avengers start disappointingly and take time to warm up, while Season 4 and TNA both begin with a cracking episode. In fact, I've compared Town of No Return and Eagle's Nest in my chapter for the new book.
The Avengers: a product of the sixties and a timeless piece of sublime art
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Rodders wrote:Glad you are enjoying the book, Margo, and your chapter on Epic was a highlight. Four of the book's chapters have been re-edited following a number of readers' complaints about feeling uncomfortable with either the invented contents or the sexual voyeurism of James' chapters. These four chapters now appear in a more clean-cut form which, I believe, allows his analysis to shine through rather than be tied down by 'erotic embellishments'. The copy on sale now through Amazon and Lulu is therefore a few pages shorter than it was previously.
Are the original chapters available by email, at all? I'd love to see both versions, and I'm not easily offended! (I'm content also to buy the original book if it were on sale anywhere, though happy with the revised one.)
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"
mrs_emma_peel
Winged Avenger

Post by mrs_emma_peel »

Frankymole wrote:
Rodders wrote:Glad you are enjoying the book, Margo, and your chapter on Epic was a highlight. Four of the book's chapters have been re-edited following a number of readers' complaints about feeling uncomfortable with either the invented contents or the sexual voyeurism of James' chapters. These four chapters now appear in a more clean-cut form which, I believe, allows his analysis to shine through rather than be tied down by 'erotic embellishments'. The copy on sale now through Amazon and Lulu is therefore a few pages shorter than it was previously.
Are the original chapters available by email, at all? I'd love to see both versions, and I'm not easily offended! (I'm content also to buy the original book if it were on sale anywhere, though happy with the revised one.)
Hi Franky,
I've sent you a PM - I have all four uncut chapters available by email or via Mrs Peel Uncut blogspot :)
James/Mrs Emma Peel