EPIC

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Sinus1994
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Sinus1994 »

Hehe. :D
That's one of the best episodes of season 5.
But one thing, I'm still wondering about:
There also episodes about people, who wants to take a revenge on Emma and/or kill her. E.g. "The House That Jack Built - Professor Keller" and "The Joker - Max Prendergast".
Here is it different. Is Mrs. Peel chosen by an accident or is it plot against her?

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
Cybernowt
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Cybernowt »

Isnt it just a case of them investigating people going missing? People who want to escape thier current predicament by travelling back into time where no-one will find them.. except they end up dead.
Sinus1994

Post by Sinus1994 »

Cybernowt wrote:Isnt it just a case of them investigating people going missing?
All right.
Steed was searching for as she goes missing.
I see... :roll:

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Cybernowt wrote:Isnt it just a case of them investigating people going missing? People who want to escape thier current predicament by travelling back into time where no-one will find them.. except they end up dead.
You're confusing it with Escape in Time.

I always assume from Epic that Z.Z. von Schnerk has found out about Emma Peel by repute (though being an amateur spy you'd hope not to have a reputation.. but anyway) and considers her the ideal person for his bonkers film. The plot is against her specifically but not through any revenge, just simple madness.
Sinus1994

Post by Sinus1994 »

Darren wrote: I always assume from Epic that Z.Z. von Schnerk has found out about Emma Peel by repute (though being an amateur spy you'd hope not to have a reputation.. but anyway) and considers her the ideal person for his bonkers film. The plot is against her specifically but not through any revenge, just simple madness.
Yes, I agree.
But I don't know, how Z.Z. von Schnerk has found her. In The beginning he (Stuart Kirby) was calling Emma Peel, to meet her.
Well, but why he have found/chose her as the perfect role for his film and not an other woman/girl?
Why her in particular? That confuses me...

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

It's not clearly said on screen but the idea is that Kirby suggested Emma Peel to Z.Z. - that's why he went and took film of her in his country vicar disguise. It was her audition.

If you look carefully at the prop of the script, they even made it so that Emma's name had been written in later, after Z.Z. approved her as the lead.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Sinus1994

Post by Sinus1994 »

dissolute wrote:It's not clearly said on screen but the idea is that Kirby suggested Emma Peel to Z.Z. - that's why he went and took film of her in his country vicar disguise. It was her audition.
You're quite right.
He took the film of her after asking her to meet somewere.
It could be, too, that Z.Z./Kirby knows her from her job as CEO of the "knight's industries" in the newspapers,...
dissolute wrote:If you look carefully at the prop of the script, they even made it so that Emma's name had been written in later, after Z.Z. approved her as the lead.
Yes, I see...

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
Cybernowt
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Cybernowt »

Darren wrote:You're confusing it with Escape in Time.
Oh yeh.. Derr!

Watched them both a couple or three months ago. Now I remember its the film studio one..
Sinus1994

Post by Sinus1994 »

Hi folks,

Could you help me please with some understanding in "Epic"? :oops:
Well, at the ending, Emma reads out, about that film. I've listen to it for lots of time, but I couldn't understand it at all! :evil:
Can you tell me what she said, please?

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
Ian Wegg
Winged Avenger

Post by Ian Wegg »

You could try turning on subtitles, my old Contender set has them in English and French.

Anyway, it is:

Emma:
Nights of Abandon at the Art.
"The critics said it was ‘unbridled, full of passions. The screen explodes with sensuality. Hailed as a masterpiece throughout the world’ "
It won a German award. It won a French award.
It closed yesterday.

Steed:
Oh dear. Unbridled passions. Why don’t we just spend the evening at home?

Emma:
Why not? Let’s get back to my apartment.

~iw