Latest episode you've seen..

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Mike Gambit
Thingumajig

Post by Mike Gambit »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Philippa wrote:^Well technically I only discovered The Avengers about a year ago, so I have a lot of catching up to do.
Ah, I see. We all have to start somewhere :wink: I envy new(ish) Avengers fans..
So do I!! I sometimes wish I could take a temporary amnesia drug that lasted just a few hours - so I could sit down and watch all this wonderful TV as if it was for the very first time! That would be so AWESOME!!
"My LADS...! All my Lads DEAD!... Now WHO would do THAT...?"
last watched: "HOUSE OF CARDS"
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Ironically, all the episodes I like the least are eternally fresh for me because they receive so few viewings. So Trap is all shiny and new, while I keep looking for holes in my Faces disc. I haven't watched any Avengers for quite awhile, though. Trying out new series. Once I've run through all my new DVDs, I'll come back to it.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

I recently started viewing the New Avengers. And after a few episodes I started to like them, too my surprise. As I am now very familiar with the Peel/Gale/Tara episodes it's wonderful that there is one more era to discover.
Mike Gambit
Thingumajig

Post by Mike Gambit »

Allard wrote:I recently started viewing the New Avengers. And after a few episodes I started to like them, too my surprise. As I am now very familiar with the Peel/Gale/Tara episodes it's wonderful that there is one more era to discover.
Lucky you, Allard, able to experince TNA brand new for the first time. And just proves that one should never pre-judge anything before actually trying it for oneself. Glad you're enjoying it!!
"My LADS...! All my Lads DEAD!... Now WHO would do THAT...?"
last watched: "HOUSE OF CARDS"
Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Philippa »

The latest episode I've seen is 'The White Elephant'.
The Gaslight Ghoul
Winged Avenger

Post by The Gaslight Ghoul »

Dirtier By The Dozen on BBC4 earlier this eve.

Great episode.

"You like a touch of danger do you Miss?"

" The danger, not the touch." :lol:
You check the files, I'll check my memories.
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

I haven't watch Dirtier by the Dozen for quite a while but it's a good episode. I'd forgotten how many great lines Purdey has through. It's a great episode for Purdey and Gambit with Lumley and Hunt working brilliantly. You can't beat the classiness of the closing moments.

I also watched The Lion and The Unicorn on DVD. I always forget how slapstick this episode is. Johnson's score is superb (wish this was on CD). There's that great car chase in the pre-title sequence.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Darren wrote:I haven't watch Dirtier by the Dozen for quite a while but it's a good episode. I'd forgotten how many great lines Purdey has through. It's a great episode for Purdey and Gambit with Lumley and Hunt working brilliantly. You can't beat the classiness of the closing moments.

I also watched The Lion and The Unicorn on DVD. I always forget how slapstick this episode is. Johnson's score is superb (wish this was on CD). There's that great car chase in the pre-title sequence.
Dirtier by the Dozen is one of my favourites. Not only is it a genuine Gambit episode (which is a rarity), but we get a couple of genuine Avengers eccentrics: Purdey's icephobic uncle Elly (from Fawlty Towers), and a pre-Hitchhiker's Stephen Moore as Prentice, who takes an inordinate amount of interest in Steed's toy soldiers collection while Purdey and Gambit roll their eyes in the background. Plus, we get the best ending sequence in the whole series--Joanna Lumley dangling from a helicopter (if you've heard Joanna talk about this you'll know she skimmed a few trees in the process). And lots of good tense running around for Gambit and Purdey. It's also actually cold out and you can see their breathe. I don't know why, but this always makes everything feel that much more real. Anyway, I'd put it in my top five.

The Gaslight Ghoul
Winged Avenger

Post by The Gaslight Ghoul »

Yes a definite favourite of mine too.

The cold and wet in this story is almost tangible.

It is quite amusing though at the begining of the episode where Colonel Miller and his Sargeant are meant to be in some darkest Brazilian rain forest shooting people, then you see them in close up and their breath is totally visible on the cold British air. :lol:
You check the files, I'll check my memories.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

The Gaslight Ghoul wrote:Yes a definite favourite of mine too.

The cold and wet in this story is almost tangible.

It is quite amusing though at the begining of the episode where Colonel Miller and his Sargeant are meant to be in some darkest Brazilian rain forest shooting people, then you see them in close up and their breath is totally visible on the cold British air. :lol:
Maybe Brazil was having a cold snap that year? :wink:
Last edited by Timeless A-Peel on Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.