Season 4: A creative idea

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
Rodders
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Rodders »

anti-clockwise wrote: minor typo to Rodney i think that the episode was written as 1985 instead of '65.
that referred to its broadcast on Channel 4 in the 1980s.
The Avengers: a product of the sixties and a timeless piece of sublime art
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

Any typos or mistakes please send to me in the next week and I will correct them online. Have corrected ones I have found already.
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

I have opened a thread in the 'merchandise' section in order to allow readers/writers to offer feedback. It goes without saying that positive feedback is welcomed for individual essays while I am happy to receive any 'positive criticism' in terms of the structure etc. of the book.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Rodders wrote:
Speed Six wrote:
Frankymole wrote:. The Murder Market has depth and great puns too, as Rodney promised :)
Thanks for the kind words Franky - I hadn't realised when I started work on TMM just how rich a seam of material it would provide, and somehow the puns just seemed to generate themselves ! I'm really looking forward to reading the other contributions and will be placing an order through my local book-shop ASAP.
What makes the chapter remarkable though is how much you draw out both the sexual imagery and the birth/marriage/death elements. It is a truly stunning chapter. The episode is also one of the very best. At its best, literary criticism makes us aware of the deeper layers with the reader response being 'oh, yes I hadn't seen that', rather than a disbelieving 'really?!'

one of the trademarks of many episodes..was the sexual imagery and some...
Speed Six
Little Wonder

Post by Speed Six »

A couple of quick questions -

How soon would I be able to order a corrected version ?

What decision was reached regarding proceeds after any costs had been met ?
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

So far I've read the first 11 chapters. Many contrasting styles of essays in our book, which is to be expected from such a diverse group of writers, all from very different backgrounds. It's evident that everyone has worked so hard on this. Am I the only one in thinking 'I wish I'd done this and that with my essay instead' :?:
Too many Christmas trees was a very well written and insightful review, and is an early favourite of mine. 15 more to go! :) Rich.
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

cyberrich wrote:So far I've read the first 11 chapters. Many contrasting styles of essays in our book, which is to be expected from such a diverse group of writers, all from very different backgrounds. It's evident that everyone has worked so hard on this. Am I the only one in thinking 'I wish I'd done this and that with my essay instead' :?:
Too many Christmas trees was a very well written and insightful review, and is an early favourite of mine. 15 more to go! :) Rich.
I liked your chapter but was curious what would you have changed?I assume you can still change it Rich. corrections are still being made.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

anti-clockwise wrote:ground breaking book! thanks to all the contributors and Rodney for all your hard work.
same thought here...will also leave a good review at amazon
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

anti-clockwise wrote: I liked your chapter but was curious what would you have changed?I assume you can still change it Rich. corrections are still being made.
Thanks. :) I'm always ultra critical of anything I do. I won't be changing anything now though, best to leave things as they are. If I do another review for a later book, I will no doubt approach it differently. Rich.
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

Speed Six wrote:A couple of quick questions -

How soon would I be able to order a corrected version ?

What decision was reached regarding proceeds after any costs had been met ?
the book makes 9p per copy so I don't think we need worry about that too much. Unless it suddenly sells in Rebus proportions which is highly unlikely. Corrections have been made and will be added to the online copy on Tuesday. Order after Thursday and you will be safe. I'm not taking on board any more 'revisions', solely errors: factual or typo.