Dead Man's Treasure Hunt - locations and news

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Rodders
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Rodders »

This will be my first time. Can hardly wait!
The Avengers: a product of the sixties and a timeless piece of sublime art
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Avengerholic wrote:Mmmmm, I'm becoming increasingly tempted to attend the 2017 event. I've been a fan of the show for so many decades that it seems odd not to have experienced it at least once. I'd hate to look back in a few years (when maybe it's too late) and regret never having done it :wink: I live only a few minutes from where the 50th anniversary event was held and kinda regret not having bothered to attend that.
Ian

I hope you take the plunge and join us on the Treasure Hunt event this year.
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Ian Wegg wrote:
Avengerholic wrote:Mmmmm, I'm becoming increasingly tempted to attend the 2017 event. I've been a fan of the show for so many decades that it seems odd not to have experienced it at least once. I'd hate to look back in a few years (when maybe it's too late) and regret never having done it :wink: I live only a few minutes from where the 50th anniversary event was held and kinda regret not having bothered to attend that.
I was in exactly the same position, I'd been meaning to do the Treasure Hunt for years and finally bit the bullet this year. It is great fun and something any Avengers fan should do at least once if they can.

I'm also at a loss now why I didn't go to Chichester. (I think at the time I thought it was expensive but in comparison to how much I spend annually on some other local events it was really a bargain).

~iw
Ian

I hope you liked it last year and you'll return for another weekend in Avengerland this year.
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

MikeR wrote: Ian

I've got the entire summer free, so if I'm quick enough to pick up a ticket I will indeed come along to this years event :wink:
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Avengerholic wrote:

I've got the entire summer free, so if I'm quick enough to pick up a ticket I will indeed come along to this years event :wink:
Ian

No news yet about this year's event, but I'll have a word with Annette Hill and see if any decisions have been made by the team who organise the event.
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

No news yet about this year's event, but I'll have a word with Annette Hill and see if any decisions have been made by the team who organise the event.
I've no intention of making any plans for summer this year Mike so it wont matter when it is. I was thinking more along the lines of being quick enough to pick up a ticket before they all sell out, I'm not the fastest car off the grid when it comes to these things, I usually don't see the announcements until it's too late !
mariocki
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by mariocki »

MikeR wrote:
Avengerholic wrote:

Ian

Dates as listed above, same hotel, same format, more details at the end of Feb/beginning of March.
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

mariocki wrote:This year's event will be held over the weekend of the 7th/8th/9th of July.
Cool :D
Jace
Thingumajig

Post by Jace »

Rodney, great to hear you will be there this year! Looking forward to seeing you & everyone :)

-Jason
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

mariocki wrote:This year's event will be held over the weekend of the 7th/8th/9th of July.
Geoff and everyone

Yes, Annette reckons that paperwork will be posted out sometime in February. I hope to see everyone there.