Dead Man's Treasure Hunt - locations and news

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Hmmm, I can get my airfare down to $4600 if I book now and bring the family ... but can I justify the cost?
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Andrew Pixley
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Andrew Pixley »

In haste ...

A big thank you to Annette, Chris and everyone else for a lovely day out yesterday. Pushed my luck staying as long as I did and am paying for it a little this morning, but it was an absolute pleasure getting to visit so many very beautiful places with which I associate decades of happy memories, and to get to chat to some amazing people whom I sadly don't get to see as often as I'd like.

All the best

Andrew
PrTournesol
White Dwarf

Post by PrTournesol »

Hi everyone,

I've only just heard about this annual event. However, I don't seem to be able to find any information over the Internet.
I guess nothing much happened last year and nothing much will this year, due to the health crisis.
However, do you know if it has been definitely discontinued (no news since 2017) or if it will be organised again some day? What a shame if it wouldn't! I'd be too late again for some major event related to the Avengers. (Already missed Patrick Macnee's coming to Paris in the early 2000s.)

Thanks!
mariocki

Post by mariocki »

It’s not happening this year for obvious reasons but we’re hoping that we will be back next year. ‘Stay Tuned’.
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
PrTournesol
White Dwarf

Post by PrTournesol »

Thank you for the good news!
I hope I'll be able to make it at least once over the coming years. It will certainly be quite a costly and organisational ordeal for me over a weekend (coming from France and being a teacher - I don't get to choose when I am on holiday) but I'll certainly try my best.
Please share the information when it gets to happen again. I'll try to keep an eye around the forum.
Meanwhile do all stay safe.
mariocki

Post by mariocki »

We normally try for the last weekend in June or the first weekend in July but sometimes external factors like hotel availability force a change. To give you an idea, we normally get together in the hotel late on the Friday afternoon (although this isn’t essential) and the treasure hunt takes place on the Saturday. There is usually a social event on the Saturday night with the location tour taking place on the Sunday starting at 9am, We are usually back at the hotel at around 18:30. Quite a few people stay over on the Sunday night as well.
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
PrTournesol
White Dwarf

Post by PrTournesol »

Thank you for the teasers!
Any time before mid-July will be tricky for me anyway. But I'm sure that I'll find a way to make this work at least once.
johnnybear
Thingumajig

Post by johnnybear »

I really liked Valerie Van Ost too and sadly she passed away in the last few years!
JB
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

johnnybear wrote:I really liked Valerie Van Ost too and sadly she passed away in the last few years!
JB
I was a fan of her...as well...loved her brief appearance in the strange case...and she was considered to replace Diana...but the producers ended up going with Linda ...
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

THE TREASURE HUNT IS BACK!

The beginning of July marks a return to Avengerland (aka Elstree, Borehamwood, Hertsmere) for more visits to filming location used in The Avengers and various ITC series after a two year break because of Covid. I'm looking forward to seeing the usual crowd again as the Treasure Hunt event is being organised again.