Latest episode you've seen..

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

The Gaslight Ghoul wrote:It seems that BBC4 have stopped screening The New Avengers.

Medium Rare was on last week but next week it's not on at all.

Did anyone see this week's screening, if so did the continuity announcer mention anything about the series taking a break, or have they just pulled it indefinitely?
I read on another forum that it's back on the 26th. The Candian episodes, so the end is nigh.
The Gaslight Ghoul
Winged Avenger

Post by The Gaslight Ghoul »

Thanks Dandy.

They've still got a few British ones to go, if they're following accepted order the next one up should be The Lion And The Unicorn, followed by Obsession, Trap etc.

Nice to know they haven't dropped it altogether.
You check the files, I'll check my memories.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

VA_Avenger wrote:"Immortal Clay" and "Box of Tricks"

What a double header! Amateur plots, bad acting . . . and to top it off . . . Venus in Box of Tricks. I fast-forwarded through her songs, and it still didn't help. Her voice is like a barking chihuahua in this episode. All I hear is "yip, yip, yip." I fell asleep three times trying to finish it.
That one's a horror. I also have immense trouble staying awake during "The Grandeur That Was Rome", I've fallen asleep two out of the three times I watched it.
Last watched: "Concerto"
VA_Avenger
Winged Avenger

Post by VA_Avenger »

Succinctly, "The Grandeur that was Rome" . . . wasn't.
<i>Those who don't understand physics are oblivious to the gravity of the situation.
<b>- Jack</b></i>
Whiskers
Winged Avenger

Post by Whiskers »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
The Gaslight Ghoul wrote:It seems that BBC4 have stopped screening The New Avengers.

Medium Rare was on last week but next week it's not on at all.

Did anyone see this week's screening, if so did the continuity announcer mention anything about the series taking a break, or have they just pulled it indefinitely?
I read on another forum that it's back on the 26th. The Candian episodes, so the end is nigh.
It seems they were wrong. No sign of it in the schedule. :(
Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Philippa »

K is for Kill: Part 1
I can't believe I had my doubts before about "Emma Peel's" voice. It's definitely not Diana Rigg!
VA_Avenger
Winged Avenger

Man in the Mirror

Post by VA_Avenger »

Not one, but two Venus songs.

Upside: I little surf guitar rather than Dankworth's tedious trumpet.

Downside: Was there an ending to this episode? I ran the last five minutes twice, and I think they forgot it.

One bowler.

<i>Those who don't understand physics are oblivious to the gravity of the situation.
<b>- Jack</b></i>
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

Traitor in Zebra. I didn't really get the plot, but that probably has something to do with the fact that I was doing laundry at the same time :lol:
So I guess I'll have to watch it again sometime.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Because various factors have conspired to not give me access to my region-free player, and I've been too tired to watch anything new on top of it all, I've started back up on my much-delayed attempt at watching TNA in production order (which is much less daunting than doing the same with the original series, which I'll really have to try one of these days). So it was House of Cards and then Last of the Cybernauts...?, which I think are both good examples of the series in its first season heyday. In fact, glancing at an episode guide, with the exception of Gnaws, season one was pretty fantastic all the way around. Why did it have to go wrong?

It's fun watching them in order, though, because you notice how that trio of pictures of Emma and co are still in residence in Last of, so clearly they were shooting them at the same time. I'm also paying close attention to the actual settings of all the scenes since havign read The Pinewood Story. No wonder they stuck Steed in a country house--they had groudns to spare!
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

Well, I finally watched my first Tara King episode today.
'All Done With Mirrors'. And I have to say I really enjoyed it. Tara is a nice character, and Linda plays it very well. I think I will enjoy watching more Tara King episodes.