The Avengers - Set 1 Replacement discs are ready

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

It does appear to be last come, first served at the moment. I would imagine that it's not like they have a huge amount of staff to pack all those dvds into all those envelopes, keeping track of what is going where etc.

I really hope mine arrives before the end of the week. As the person who discovered two of the faults, this is shocking treatment. :wink: :)
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Darren wrote:It does appear to be last come, first served at the moment. I would imagine that it's not like they have a huge amount of staff to pack all those dvds into all those envelopes, keeping track of what is going where etc.

I really hope mine arrives before the end of the week. As the person who discovered two of the faults, this is shocking treatment. :wink: :)
Are you "JarofClay"? :) They're probably annoyed with you... giving them all that expense and work!
Last watched: "Concerto"
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Frankymole wrote:
Darren wrote:It does appear to be last come, first served at the moment. I would imagine that it's not like they have a huge amount of staff to pack all those dvds into all those envelopes, keeping track of what is going where etc.

Are you "JarofClay"? :) They're probably annoyed with you... giving them all that expense and work!
I is.:)

That's it, they're delaying out of spite. tut. :wink:
Klaus
Nutshell

Post by Klaus »

Recieved mine today! A big, big thanks to all involved.
I had also the misfortune to having never gotten the 6th dvd I think it was (it was missing in the set I bought) and said so in my letter I sent along with the faulty dvd's. Optimum, with great grace, gave my that one as well. Fantastic service.
All I want now is the snow that is falling heavily in Denmark as I type this, to keep up the good work and don't stop until I can't get to work tomorrow. I have some dvd's to watch. :lol:
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Glad it turned out well for you, Klaus. 8)
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
jld21
Nutshell

Post by jld21 »

I've received my replacement discs. However, I was quick off the mark and sent discs 2, 6 and 7 to Optimum after the initial announcement instead of discs 3, 6 and 7. I e-mailed them and they said they would send back disc 2, but it hasn't been returned yet. It's been a few days and I've had no answers to e-mails or phone calls.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Received mine yesterday - superb service, delivering them to the Antipodes is such short time.
Now I need to find time to watch them! My laptop sadly is a Lenovo so the DVD drive is RPC-2 region locked, not even AnyDVD will let me view them, so I can't watch them while commuting.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Sam
Winged Avenger

Post by Sam »

I'm thinking about ordering a set. I believe my laptop will play them. If not, I know there are some inexpensive DVD players that can be hacked, maybe one I already have. It would be worth it for all the extras. 8)
Macfly77
Thingumajig

Post by Macfly77 »

Sam wrote:I'm thinking about ordering a set. I believe my laptop will play them. If not, I know there are some inexpensive DVD players that can be hacked, maybe one I already have. It would be worth it for all the extras. 8)
Hi Sam.

If you want to know whether your DVD player can be hacked, check http://www.videohelp.com/.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

My DVD player and my home computer have no problem, it's just laptops with Matsushita DVD-ROM drives - nothing can make them unscramble DVD keys! I've tried firmware and software approaches without success. There's a rumour of a hacked firmware but as it's a work machine I don't want to use it.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.