Your favorite "crazy characters"

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

Dearesttara wrote:My "crazy characters" prefered are Z.Z. von Schnerk in Epic and Mark Crayford in Dead men are dangerous. There are really Masters of Evil !

I like Mr.Teddy Bear, Monty Bristow in Game and Prendergast (The Joker) as Gundmann (Don't look behind you). In fact, I adore all Diabolical Masterminds of the series !
I vote for Z. Z. von Schnerk, too, played by the marvelous character actor Kenneth J. Warren.
Dan
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Dan »

So many great ones but I'll vote for Roy Kinnear. He was terrific every time but my favorite role of his was the absent minded scientist in The See-Through Man.
Dearesttara
Thingumajig

Post by Dearesttara »

I prefered him in Bizarre but he did always a perfect acting. He's hilarious in Esprit de corps too.
Tara King for ever
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Dan wrote:So many great ones but I'll vote for Roy Kinnear. He was terrific every time but my favorite role of his was the absent minded scientist in The See-Through Man.
I don't care for the episode but Roy Kinnear is always good value.
Dan
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Dan »

Darren wrote:
Dan wrote:So many great ones but I'll vote for Roy Kinnear. He was terrific every time but my favorite role of his was the absent minded scientist in The See-Through Man.
I don't care for the episode but Roy Kinnear is always good value.
Agree that it's one of the weaker Peel era episodes but it does have its merits. I am one of Brodney's few fans. The scene where he goes crashing through a window and you hear him trying to get away from the big dog is great, and I also love the scene where Ackerloyd meets Steed in the park- very Avengeresque.
Dearesttara
Thingumajig

Post by Dearesttara »

I disagree. I adore The See-Through Man, it's funny (ah Brodny !...) and there are good story and fine suspense. Without forget beautiful decors (Russian embassy)... The weakest Emma Peel is for me The man-eater of Surrey Green, and it's the weakest episode of the series for my part !

It's true, the scene where Brodny passes through the window... :lol: Yes, Brodny is a "crazy character" I love. As Keller (The Charmers).
Tara King for ever
MRotten

Post by MRotten »

Dearesttara wrote:I disagree. I adore The See-Through Man, it's funny (ah Brodny !...) and there are good story and fine suspense. Without forget beautiful decors (Russian embassy)... The weakest Emma Peel is for me The man-eater of Surrey Green, and it's the weakest episode of the series for my part !

It's true, the scene where Brodny passes through the window... :lol: Yes, Brodny is a "crazy character" I love. As Keller (The Charmers).
Every episode has marvelous character actors. I especially love "The See-Through Man" for the female villian(ess?) Elena (Moira Lister), who tangles with Emma in a great fight.
Cariheart

Post by Cariheart »

For me it's Cheshire from Hidden Tiger. Ronny Barker's character is clearly not playing with a full deck :roll: :)
" I appreciate your ... appreciation."- Mrs. Emma Peel - Escape in Time
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Cariheart wrote:For me it's Cheshire from Hidden Tiger. Ronny Barker's character is clearly not playing with a full deck :roll: :)
The BBC treated us to some wonderful Ronnie Barker (and Ronnie Corbett) repeats on Christmas Eve in their Two Ronnies evening, including The Studio Recordings; a selection of unedited footage from the filming of their Saturday night show, complete with bloopers, fluffs, corpsing and studio audience banter. Brilliant.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Cariheart

Post by Cariheart »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Cariheart wrote:For me it's Cheshire from Hidden Tiger. Ronny Barker's character is clearly not playing with a full deck :roll: :)
The BBC treated us to some wonderful Ronnie Barker (and Ronnie Corbett) repeats on Christmas Eve in their Two Ronnies evening, including The Studio Recordings; a selection of unedited footage from the filming of their Saturday night show, complete with bloopers, fluffs, corpsing and studio audience banter. Brilliant.
Would love to have seen that! In America, the Two Ronnies were shown-many, many moons ago- on one of our Public Broadcasting channels (very thankful as this is how I was introduced to Dr. Who and many British tv shows). Presently, I'm content watching clips of the Ronnies on Youtube. Better than nothing, I suppose.
" I appreciate your ... appreciation."- Mrs. Emma Peel - Escape in Time