classification of episodes

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Did you try Britmovie?
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Guillaume
Thingumajig

Post by Guillaume »

yes thanks :wink:

but i can't sent pm(private message) :cry:
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

1. Too Many Christmas Trees
2. The Joker
3. The House That Jack Built
4. The Hour That Never Was
5. Pandora
6. Fog
7. Who Was That Man I Saw You With
8. Take Over
9. Stay Tuned
10. All Done With Mirrors
11. Wish You Were Here
12. The Eagle's Nest.
13. House of Cards
14. Obsession
15. Dead Men Are Dangerous
16. To Catch A Rat
17. Sleeper
18. The Last of the Cybernauts
19. Forward Base
20. Emily.

Tough decisions and as others have said, it would most likely change tomorrow, depending on my mood. Also, I haven't seen the Cathy Gales yet, which could spin this whole list around.
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
happychap
Thingumajig

Post by happychap »

1. Death's Door
2. The Hour That Never Was
3. Death at Bargain Prices
4. Castle De'ath
5. A Surfeit of H20
6. All Done With Mirrors
7. Take-Over
8. The House That Jack Built
9. Something Nasty in the Nursery
10. Murdersville
11. Game
12. The 13th Hole
13. Silent Dust
14. Dead Men Are Dangerous
15. Too Many Xmas Trees
16. Town of No Return
17. The Wringer
18. Dial a Deadly Number
19. The Hidden Tiger
20. The Living Dead

Subject to change any moment now :wink:
Last edited by happychap on Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrs_emma_peel
Winged Avenger

Post by mrs_emma_peel »

Hello everyone :) … I’m a new member here … I’m delighted to have joined this superb, very impressive, incredibly knowledgeable forum. Very much look forward to reading and contributing to the forum threads and polls.

I remember watching and becoming an obsessively enthusiastic fan particularly of the original Mrs Emma Peel/John Steed Avengers episodes when series 4 and 5 were originally first broadcast in 1965-1967 … The Avengers was then, and I think, still is, the finest ever drama-thriller television series ever produced.

ABC Television in the UK were extremely generous during 1965-1967 Mrs Emma Peel series 4 and 5 period … upon request ABC Television would regularly post out several very high quality 10x8 b/w photographic production and publicity stills from the shows … all with brief episode descriptions typed onto slips of paper attached to the back … all stamped ABC Television on the back … all the photographs were completely free of charge … sometimes they would send even more sheaves of photos than I asked for.

However, much to my everlasting regret many of these wonderful stills have become lost treasures … nevertheless, over the years … and via the internet, Amazon and eBay, I’ve been able to replace, and improve upon, my extensive Avengers collection.

Hi Guillaume … great thread … you already have my top 20 from the Britmovie Avengers thread … but I thought, for my first posting, I would list my selections here too ...

The Avengers … My Top 20 Episodes …
Save for my favourite top three … selecting a top 20 of The Avengers with episodes of such incredibly high quality … comparing and contrasting the merits of each episode requires some virtually impossible … very complex subjective choices … nevertheless … it was, of course, a real labour of love … my top three favourite episodes of The Avengers have always remained constant … however, the other top 17 episodes are constantly changing and inter-changeable … nevertheless … here is my current favourite Avengers top 20 …

1) A Touch of Brimstone
2) A Surfeit of H20
3) Murdersville

4) Death at Bargain Prices (Patrick Macnee’s favourite episode)
5) The House That Jack Built
6) The Hour That Never Was

7) The Cybernauts
8) The Gravediggers
9) Too Many Christmas Trees

10) The Town of No Return
11) A Sense of History
12) Honey for the Prince

13) The Joker
14) Castle De’ath
15) Dial A Deadly Number

16) The Danger Makers
17) The Master Minds
18) The Hidden Tiger

19) Escape in Time
20) Dead Man’s Treasure

Murdersville would be the only colour episode to make it into my top 10 … because of the incredibly high quality standard set by the 1965/66 b/w series of Series 4 …

Very best wishes to everyone here :) … I already know Dandy Forsdyke, and Piers (from the brilliant … splendidly and meticulously well-researched … dissolute.com … Mrs Peel … We’re Needed: The Avengers web-site) from Britmovie … and best wishes with the excellent Eurovision-style Avengers survey, Guillaume.
Emma :)
James/Mrs Emma Peel
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Emma, I follow your posts on Britmovie and I look forward to what you have to say here. Welcome.

kim
The Ministry

Re: New Member

Post by kim »

mrs_emma_peel wrote:Hello everyone :) … I’m a new member here … I’m delighted to have joined this superb, very impressive, incredibly knowledgeable forum. Very much look forward to reading and contributing to the forum threads and polls.

I remember watching and becoming an obsessively enthusiastic fan particularly of the original Mrs Emma Peel/John Steed Avengers episodes when series 4 and 5 were originally first broadcast in 1965-1967 … The Avengers was then, and I think, still is, the finest ever drama-thriller television series ever produced.

ABC Television in the UK were extremely generous during 1965-1967 Mrs Emma Peel series 4 and 5 period … upon request ABC Television would regularly post out several very high quality 10x8 b/w photographic production and publicity stills from the shows … all with brief episode descriptions typed onto slips of paper attached to the back … all stamped ABC Television on the back … all the photographs were completely free of charge … sometimes they would send even more sheaves of photos than I asked for.

However, much to my everlasting regret many of these wonderful stills have become lost treasures … nevertheless, over the years … and via the internet, Amazon and eBay, I’ve been able to replace, and improve upon, my extensive Avengers collection.

Hi Guillaume … great thread … you already have my top 20 from the Britmovie Avengers thread … but I thought, for my first posting, I would list my selections here too ...

The Avengers … My Top 20 Episodes …
Save for my favourite top three … selecting a top 20 of The Avengers with episodes of such incredibly high quality … comparing and contrasting the merits of each episode requires some virtually impossible … very complex subjective choices … nevertheless … it was, of course, a real labour of love … my top three favourite episodes of The Avengers have always remained constant … however, the other top 17 episodes are constantly changing and inter-changeable … nevertheless … here is my current favourite Avengers top 20 …

1) A Touch of Brimstone
2) A Surfeit of H20
3) Murdersville

4) Death at Bargain Prices (Patrick Macnee’s favourite episode)
5) The House That Jack Built
6) The Hour That Never Was

7) The Cybernauts
8) The Gravediggers
9) Too Many Christmas Trees

10) The Town of No Return
11) A Sense of History
12) Honey for the Prince

13) The Joker
14) Castle De’ath
15) Dial A Deadly Number

16) The Danger Makers
17) The Master Minds
18) The Hidden Tiger

19) Escape in Time
20) Dead Man’s Treasure

Murdersville would be the only colour episode to make it into my top 10 … because of the incredibly high quality standard set by the 1965/66 b/w series of Series 4 …

Very best wishes to everyone here :) … I already know Dandy Forsdyke, and Piers (from the brilliant … splendidly and meticulously well-researched … dissolute.com … Mrs Peel … We’re Needed: The Avengers web-site) from Britmovie … and best wishes with the excellent Eurovision-style Avengers survey, Guillaume.
Emma :)
Welcome to the forum..Have fun.
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
mrs_emma_peel
Winged Avenger

Post by mrs_emma_peel »

Many thanks Dandy and Kim ... very much appreciated :)
Emma
James/Mrs Emma Peel
Guillaume
Thingumajig

Post by Guillaume »

mrs_emma_peel wrote:Many thanks Dandy and Kim ... very much appreciated :)
Emma
héhé :wink:
you are welcome :wink:

other top 20 please :oops: :oops: ???
Guillaume
Thingumajig

Post by Guillaume »

:) if you want vote...it's NOW...i will close votes after...

so for the last :wink: ...go vote :wink: