The Avengers - Series 5 + 6 replacement discs

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

Macfly77
Thingumajig

Post by Macfly77 »

Now I really REALLY hope that they release the disc separately for those of us who bought all the single releases...
I understand that not all the features might have been ready at the time of the individual releases (and would not necessarily have made sense as a bonus disc to the Tara King DVD's), but it would be plain wrong to punish the customers who supported Optimum from the beginning (and who ended up paying quite a bit more for the individual releases than they would have for the box set - and let's not forget the cost of sending quite a few discs back release after release!).
Please Optimum, go the A & E route and release it separately!
Mr S
Thingumajig

Post by Mr S »

Wouldn't it be a lovely 50th Anniversary present if Optimum sent us the bonus disc with our series 5 & 6 replacement discs - it would more than make up for the cost of posting the faulty discs to them.......
Cybernowt
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Cybernowt »

Have the replacement discs started to appear yet? Or have Amazon got new stock yet?
Prendergast
Thingumajig

Post by Prendergast »

I too would like to know if it's safe to order series 5 + 6 from Amazon...
Tara46
Thingumajig

Post by Tara46 »

My replacement discs arrived this morning. Only checked one episode so far, but all seems ok. :D
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Have you checked The Positve-Negative Man? One report is saying it is no different. :?
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Tara46
Thingumajig

Post by Tara46 »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Have you checked The Positve-Negative Man? One report is saying it is no different. :?
I've just put some sections of this episode on , and I have to say it sounds about right. On the previous discs Emma's voice was clearly too high pitched, and she now sounds like her old self. I have to confess this is only my opinion and if others may not not agree.

Hope this helps :D
Tara46
Thingumajig

Post by Tara46 »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Have you checked The Positve-Negative Man? One report is saying it is no different. :?
I have received an e-mail from Optimum this morning which may explain some of the comments.

"Please accept our apologies there has been a mix up on the replacement discs for series 5 we sent you earlier this week, we will dispatch another set shortly.

There is no need to send back the discs you received previously.

Many thanks

Optimum Releasing"

Hope this helps
:?
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I see, thanks. At least Optimum are consistant! What a shambles! :lol:
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

Tara46 wrote:
I have received an e-mail from Optimum this morning which may explain some of the comments.

"Please accept our apologies there has been a mix up on the replacement discs for series 5 we sent you earlier this week, we will dispatch another set shortly.

There is no need to send back the discs you received previously.

Many thanks

Optimum Releasing"

Hope this helps
:?
Replacements for the replacements? Oh dear, this is getting complicated.