Subversive Champagne

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Well how fun. We are all sure to love it. Do let us know when you come up with the right title! Timeless is in great anticipation. Hope you put in a good word for Gambit. :wink:
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Definitely looking forward to the TNA book. I still have to pick up the original book one of these days. I'm sort of out of pennies for new Avengers stuff at the moment. :wink:
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Rodders
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Rodders »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Definitely looking forward to the TNA book. I still have to pick up the original book one of these days. I'm sort of out of pennies for new Avengers stuff at the moment. :wink:
If Timeless - one of the staunch Avengers fans - is penniless (in Avengers terms) I'll happily send a copy if you PM me an address! On the understanding that you buy a copy of the NA book and offer a brutally honest review!
The Avengers: a product of the sixties and a timeless piece of sublime art
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Rodders wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Definitely looking forward to the TNA book. I still have to pick up the original book one of these days. I'm sort of out of pennies for new Avengers stuff at the moment. :wink:
If Timeless - one of the staunch Avengers fans - is penniless (in Avengers terms) I'll happily send a copy if you PM me an address! On the understanding that you buy a copy of the NA book and offer a brutally honest review!
I knew Timeless would get a response like that. She is the ultimate TNA fan. Could not ask for more. She deserves a book! Nice gesture Rodders!
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Rodders wrote:
Oh, Rodney, you're too kind! Thank you for the lovely offer, but I couldn't possibly accept when I've just looked the book up and recalled how ridiculously reasonable the price you're asking for it already is. I shall endeavour to pick up a copy in the next day or two (especially as my Avengers budget is looking up since yesterday!).

The brutally honest TNA book review, however, I will take you up on. :wink:

Rodders

Post by Rodders »

I have started The New Avengers project ahead of schedule. Preface/Introduction done and Sunday I will move on to The Eagle's Nest. I will certainly be exploring To Catch a Rat, Cat Among the Pigeons, Target, Tale of the Big Why, and Sleeper from Season 1. Happy to consider others before moving on to Season 2. My introduction looked at the debate as to how much the show was The NEW Avengers or The New AVENGERS but I am treating it more as a new series rather than the reigniting of an old flame.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Rodders wrote:I have started The New Avengers project ahead of schedule. Preface/Introduction done and Sunday I will move on to The Eagle's Nest. I will certainly be exploring To Catch a Rat, Cat Among the Pigeons, Target, Tale of the Big Why, and Sleeper from Season 1. Happy to consider others before moving on to Season 2. My introduction looked at the debate as to how much the show was The NEW Avengers or The New AVENGERS but I am treating it more as a new series rather than the reigniting of an old flame.
I'd suggest Faces as well, as it's a favourite of both the fans and Joanna and Gareth, and it's a good study of the relationships within the team. I'm really excited about this book, Rodney, and particularly interested in reading your take on the "NEW Avengers"/"New AVENGERS" debate. :)

Rodders

Post by Rodders »

As David K Smith comments:
“Still part of The Avengers history. Other than the name, genre and one character, it bears little resemblance to its ancestry but then, the same could be said of the Emma Peel era with respect to that of David Keel.” (The Avengers Forever)
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

In other words, to a certain extent each new season was The New Avengers.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Rodders wrote:In other words, to a certain extent each new season was The New Avengers.
Truer words were never spoken.