The Avengers will be on the True Entertainment channel

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Whiskers
Winged Avenger

Post by Whiskers »

And so, for no apparent reason, midway through the Tara's we lurch straight back to the Emma's we started with back in January. Except this time they are in a different order. Nothing odd about that except that the end credits of each episode are running in the original January 2015 order.

So we've had 'Town of No Return'(End credits 'Town...)', 'Murder Market' (Gravediggers), 'Master Minds'(Cybernauts), 'Dial a Deadly Number' (Death at Bargain Prices). If this continues whatever episode we get on Tuesday the end credits should be those for 'Castle De'ath'.
Last watched : Intercrime
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

This was posted on another forum:
Someone on Digital Spy have asked True. The response was 'we were really missing Emma Peel' The rest of Tara Kings series will be shown later though.
My Mum is a regular Little House on the Prairie viewer on True and she commented that they did the same jumping back to the beginning of the show before finishing it.

That's very weird about the closing credits jumbled up - you'd think that just wouldn't happen... I mean how!?!?!
NickP
Little Wonder

Post by NickP »

Darren wrote: That's very weird about the closing credits jumbled up - you'd think that just wouldn't happen... I mean how!?!?!
This was answered on the Mausoleum Club forum. Apparently TE don't have the capability to do credit squeezing live so have to prepare them "offline" and graft them back on. Clearly they got out of synch.
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

By chance I caught The House That Jack Built on True last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Whiskers wrote:And so, for no apparent reason, midway through the Tara's we lurch straight back to the Emma's we started with back in January. Except this time they are in a different order. Nothing odd about that except that the end credits of each episode are running in the original January 2015 order.

So we've had 'Town of No Return'(End credits 'Town...)', 'Murder Market' (Gravediggers), 'Master Minds'(Cybernauts), 'Dial a Deadly Number' (Death at Bargain Prices). If this continues whatever episode we get on Tuesday the end credits should be those for 'Castle De'ath'.
and that's one of the best monochrome episodes...Castle DE'ATH...
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

NickP wrote:
Darren wrote: That's very weird about the closing credits jumbled up - you'd think that just wouldn't happen... I mean how!?!?!
This was answered on the Mausoleum Club forum. Apparently TE don't have the capability to do credit squeezing live so have to prepare them "offline" and graft them back on. Clearly they got out of synch.
Reported elsewhere that Honey for the Prince had season 5 credits on the end.

Did they show A Sense of History this time..?
mrs_emma_peel
Winged Avenger

Post by mrs_emma_peel »

Yes, A Sense of History was shown, and what a thoroughly enjoyable episode it is, with Emma as Robin Hood, in one of her shortest costumes ever :)
James/Mrs Emma Peel
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Cheers, James. That proved my theory of what happened with the closing credits.

They were messed up anyone as the order of showings were different second time around and with including ASOH this time that meant Honey for Prince got series 5 closing titles.:)
Dougie
White Dwarf

Post by Dougie »

One of my favourite moments and one I remember from when it was first broadcast was in stop me if you've heard this one but.... When the businessman has the carpet pulled from under him and falls through the top floor window there was originally a wonderful shot of him falling , almost floating, to the ground. This was missing in the version recently broadcast. What a shame. This really is unbelievable that this sort of censorship happens nearly 50 years after it was first broadcast! :x
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

Yes, it is very annoying when episodes are broadcast with cuts. It happened on ITV4 when I was watching episodes of The Champions that I didn't have. Commercial channels get more adverts in of course. Also reading the earlier comments about cuts to Murdersville, they do seem to be combined with censoring. I think we all want complete original versions; there may be parts that some people would rather were omitted, but they decided at the time "It's a wrap"!
Ron
Last Watched : The Gladiators